No announcement yet.

Portable carving bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok folks here is my portable carving stand. I have been using this for about 10 years. What I did is take a heavy duty roller stand and where the roller was I replaced it with a oak 2X2 that I put threaded inserts in the ends. I then mounted my top which is 12X16X1 .i then mounted this to the stand where the roller was. I mounted my pana vise to it using threaded inserts then made the tool trays. The tool trays store on the back leg support where I used 1/4 inch bolt with large threaded knob same knob mounts the tray to the top for use. For honing I mounted a sewing machine motor with a flex cut leather wheel. The height can be raised and lowered the same as when used as a roller stand. I have used this with maillot and chisel I just threw some sand bags on the feet to hold steady. IMG_1993.JPGIMG_1994.JPG

Comment

If you want more photos pm me and I will email them to you.

Comment

That's a great idea Ron! Any particular brand roller stand you're using there. I just Googled and there seem to be a ton of them.

Thanks!
        Bob L

Comment

I don't remember what brand just make sure it is heavy duty I think this is rated at 600lb

Comment

Okay, thanks Ron. That'll help narrow them down some.
            Bob L

Comment

Hey Ron, how did you mount the leather wheel to the motor? I have an old treadmill motor, and was wondering if I could use that? Thanks
              Thanks, Joan

Comment

Working...
              X