No I am not crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I am not crazy.

Well. Maybe. I wanted to post this project because. The handle is unique and the sheath was made eons ago. 9-10 oz. (too thick for my tastes). Has loop and closure.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

oh. something else. I have had an itch to make a knife from a straight razor. Just won a bid for one. Going to make according to Rick (little shavers) plans. I am sure that he will be looking down from heaven to help me.

Comment

A "sharp" looking knife and a very handsome and sturdy looking sheath!
      Keep On Carvin'
      Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Nice looking knife and sheath ;.... l presume it's a carving knife , but resembles a "patch" knife that is similar to the ones used by muzzleloaders for cutting the patch at the muzzle of their rifles while loading.
        Wayne
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I've made three using Rick's plans, gave two away, kept one, very pleased with it.
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
            I've made three using Rick's plans, gave two away, kept one, very pleased with it.
            Joe,

What blade profile did you use? I haven't decided for mine. Leaning toward a straight across and not upswept.

Comment

This is what I'm using
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Another good looking knife and sheath! I agree on the thickness of the sheath though. More a thickness for a belt knife. Unless you are planning on carrying your carver on the belt.
                Terry

Comment

This is what I'm using
                  Joe,

Thanks for the pics. I am thinking about a blade like the one in the pic that I posted.

Also, I am thinking about how I will set it into a handle.

Rob Robison

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                    Another good looking knife and sheath! I agree on the thickness of the sheath though. More a thickness for a belt knife. Unless you are planning on carrying your carver on the belt.
                    Exactly. Plan that I used was for hunting knife. I sized it down for a wood carving knife. I like the other ones that I recently posted much better. 5-6 oz. and more for wood carving knives.

Rob Robison

Comment

Originally posted by rjrsky View Post

Exactly. Plan that I used was for hunting knife. I sized it down for a wood carving knife. I like the other ones that I recently posted much better. 5-6 oz. and more for wood carving knives.

Rob Robison
                      You never know when you might need a carving knife. Do you wear it when you walk into Walmart?

Comment

This is what I'm using
                        Joe,

I like the profile in the second photo. It is the 4th from the left. I am leaning in that direction. I also like the handle. How did you set the tang into the handle? Did you use the full length of the tang?

Comment

I used two scales, worked the area where that tang would fix, drill a hole through the one hole in the full-length tang, used a brass pin, stuck it together with five minute epoxy. The only caution I would offer, just be careful when shaping the blade. I didn't anneal, harden or temper, I just went with the blade a I recieved & it will cut
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                          X