Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrandantR
    replied
    That's taking a simple tool and turning it into a piece of art. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• scotia carver
    replied
    Hi Mike Very nice design , I am sure Soggy is going to come up with a Purdy knife very soon, we are do for more " SNOW " tonight and tomorrow, Wayne will be settled in the basement all day for sure
    Bruce

Leave a comment:

• jimp
    replied
    Neat idea and great carving!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    I'm one of those that started using a utility knife ( aka "Old Reliable ") after watching Lynn's videos, but I don't have any that are as "Purdy" as that one. Might just have to add that to my "To do list".
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Beautiful work, Mike! This might be a dumb question but did you do that with the leather working tools or wood carving tools?

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I think lots of us are using utility knives because of Lynn. The leather pattern on the wood handle really turn out well.

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    Mighty pretty!

Leave a comment:

• dogcatcher
    replied
    I love the pattern, really looks great.

Leave a comment:

• fiddlesticks
    replied
    Very nice. The staining/finishing you did really brings out the beautiful carving.

Leave a comment:

• mpounders
    started a topic "Cheap Knife"

"Cheap Knife"

When I started carving, I found that a plain utility knife worked quite well, especially with my limited sharpening experience! Lynn Doughty has inspired a lot of people to give them a try and I still use mine quite often. Although the handle is comfortable to me, it is kinda plain in appearance compared my Helvies and other knives, so i decided to fancy it up a bit. I own several, but I made this one by epoxying a blade between two pieces of pine. I thought I was going to teach a beginning carving class and I had the idea to make some like this for students to use. Total cost was about 25 cents! I've used to do leather work and I've used the patterns before on canes, but I'm a fan of Jordan Straker and his realistic carvings of leather and clothing. This didn't turn out too bad. Thanks for looking!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
Working...
X