Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laughlin Gouges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Laughlin Gouges

    I recently bought two Laughlin palm gouges on eBay for about eight bucks apiece, billed as used but have no sign of ever having been used. The handles are similar but not identical to Ramelson's in color and shape. I've only made test cuts with them so far, but they take a very good edge and cut cleanly and easily, pleasing to use.

    Is anyone familiar with the Laughlin brand? This is the first I've heard of it.
    Arthur

  • #2
    I can't seem to find any info about them using a search. The price seems quite low, but that may be a clue why they are hard to find - They could have priced themselves out of the market.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pallin View Post
      I can't seem to find any info about them using a search. The price seems quite low, but that may be a clue why they are hard to find - They could have priced themselves out of the market.
      I Googled them, too, and couldn't find anything. The price was for used, and I jumped on the "Buy It Now" price before they could be bid up, so I don't think the price I paid is relevant to what was the new price...the seller looks like one who buys up odds and ends for resale, not a dealer in carving tools. Seems like something would have shown up on a search.
      Arthur

      Comment


      • #4
        They may be some no-name tools from a carver in Laughlin, Nevada.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you Google Laughlin Wood Carving Gouges You will get a whole page of hits you can go through
          Larry

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Magicman View Post
            If you Google Laughlin Wood Carving Gouges You will get a whole page of hits you can go through
            Larry
            Right. but none of which are relevant to the tools.
            Arthur

            Comment


            • #7
              As most of us know, Ramelson will (at least they use to) put what ever name on their handles, if you order enough of their product. That being said, my guess is that these tools where purchased and resold by Laughlin's Wood Carving Supply in Harrison, AR. I have owned some Laughlin tools, and believe them to be made by Ramelson.
              ....Dave
              Old carvers never die... they just whittle away.
              www.shellknobwoodcarvers.weebly.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dave.keele View Post
                As most of us know, Ramelson will (at least they use to) put what ever name on their handles, if you order enough of their product. That being said, my guess is that these tools where purchased and resold by Laughlin's Wood Carving Supply in Harrison, AR. I have owned some Laughlin tools, and believe them to be made by Ramelson.
                Dave, you may well be correct.
                Arthur

                Comment

                Working...
                X