Program for iPad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program for iPad

For you iPad users in this forum, I just got a new iPad Pro and was wondering what you all are using on your iPads for your patterns. I’m trying to figure this thing out about getting a scan into an editing program and then saving the file. I’m not finding answers easily available, unless I’m looking in the wrong places.. I’m finding a change from Windows 10 to IOS to be a challenge, but I don’t want to go back to Windows unless I have to. Thank you for some advice.

I have not found anything for ipad I like, for image manipulation and printing I go back to the real computer. To avoid Windows, I moved to linux, currently geckolinux, a repackage of openSUSE.

Comment

Not sure what's on your Ipad. But I have a Mac. I use Preview. I usually take a photo of my pattern, crop it, resize it to what I need and then save to a PDF. I also copy and paste photos into the text edit program when i want front and sides in the same pic and save to a PDF. Keep playing around. All else fails, use Google and type "How do I .... on an Ipad?" Works for me with a lot of programs I use at work and home--both Apple and Windows platforms. I figure if I want to do something, somebody else did too. And maybe somebody posted how. Good luck!

Bob L

Comment

Thanks Bob, but my problem with taking a photo, at least for now, is that I need the patterns to scale..

Comment

Just tried a couple of things. Crop the photo in the Photo app, Save it. Then open a new presentation in Keynote app. Go get the photo and paste it into Keynote, then resize it as necessary. Much easier on the computer using Preview, though.

Claude
          My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

When I don't know the size of the pattern in the photo, I print it out, measure and then scale it up or down to what I want. If the pattern is 4 inches tall and I want 3 inches, then I resize the photo by 75% (3/4) or .75 times the dimensions of the photo--say a 5"x8" photo would resized to 3.75"x6". In preview , you only need to change one and the other will changed proportionately. BTW--for Windows people, this can be done with the program Paint.

Bob L

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the help. I did figure out how to manipulate the files to get them where I want, but now I’ve got to find a program to edit it like I like.
              Bob L, I have used that technique before and had forgotten about it. I’ll just blame that on “part-timers” disease. LOL!

Comment

I use this web based program, not sure if it works with an ipad though.
                https://www.rapidresizer.com/

Comment

Thanks, Fiddlesticks. That looks like a great p really looking for is like Photoshop on the Window type format. I did find Xgimp for IOS, put it keeps freezing up once I try to import a pic, with an error about internet connection. It’s supposed to be a mobile version of the original Gimp for Windows.

Comment

Well, after some time looking, I think I found a program that might work for me like I want. For anyone that’s interested, it’s called Snapseed. I found out there is a program for iPad called xgimp that’s supposed to be like the original gimp, but it’s not supported or recommended by the makers of gimp. In fact, they advise no to get it because it has no support and is full of problems. So for now I’m using Snapseed..

Comment

Working...
                    X