X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep them sharp
    . . .JoeB

Comment

You may also want to consider Helvie knifes. They are another very nice knife maker. They make them as ordered and I like that on most of them I can chose the handle shape I like.
      http://www.helvieknives.com/
      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Helvie or Drake for me.

Dave

Comment

Well, here's my .02...I have 3 detail knives and use them a lot. I have a 3/4" straight blade Denny knife, which is now made by Mike Shipley with OCC Tools. It is a handy little booger. The two I find myself picking up more than the Denny is Deepwood's Ventures scalpel blades...one a straight blade and the other an upswept blade. They are scary sharp and hand forged. I believe they are both 3/4" blades.

Comment

I don't have much use for straight knives. Crooked knives, yes.
            When I want another straight knife, I'll buy it from BrandantR at Old Stump.
            It's almost ancient history now but I think I'll ask for a "caterpillar."
            Brian T

Comment

Does anyone use a Pelikan blade? It looks interesting.
              Arthur

Comment

Arthur, I've got one, had it for a long time. it comes in handy when getting down to the end, Mine an up-sweep -3/4" blade. I suppose if I snapped the blade I would order another
                . . .JoeB

Comment

I guess I'm something of an oddball, or just ignorant, but I use a small Flexcut chip carving knife and the corners of my gouges for detail work. I would probably get a dedicated detail knife if I could ever decide on a blade size and configuration.
                  Arthur

Comment

Working...
                  X