Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storage problems. Rust on a whole diferent level.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rraposo View Post

So far i've been quite lucky in the sense that i haven't had many problems on the inner bevels. "knock on wood".
    That’s great news, who cares how they look(I would) when people see what you make beautiful things you make with ugly tools, they will be that much more impressed. Over time you’ll probably get most of the staining out of the steal. It will just take time

Comment

The pitting on these first ones is horrendous... but i remain hopefull... inner bevels will have to be, that's a guarantee.
      Remember pitting gives grip. The sharp edge does the cutting. Just make sure it is strong enough to push as hard as you do. I got some not near that but mostly missing parts of sets and tools I remember over many years gone. Someone in the family got them before Dad passed. Assumed Dad didn't need them. So some new tools here and there. Good luck and good cutting.

Comment

How are they coming Rraposo?

Comment

Originally posted by Vice View Post
          How are they comingRraposo?
          Hi Vice . Down to the last six... So far only one was absolutely impossible to recover. But i did have to play a lot with inner bevels.

Comment

Hi Vice . Down to the last six... So far only one was absolutely impossible to recover. But i did have to play a lot with inner bevels.
            That’s not bad,, good job. Some of my favorite gouges have been rust repaired with now inner bevels.

Comment

Working...
            X