Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy , I got some of those with a Dremel a couple of years ago and felt the same as you , didn't think I would ever use them , that might be right because I found the Disks but not the Shaft . Ha,Ha. If the Shaft turns up I'll be sure to give them a try . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Sharon of the Dell
    replied
    This sounds pretty good. I just ordered 2 mandrels and the 150 and 240 grit disc. thank you for the information.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Run the disk on a crepe rubber stick. That pulls the wood fiber out of the sand grains.
    Even works for grind stones used to cut and shape sea shells.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post
    I was not sure where to post this. Under power carving or tools but tool seemed the best. My wife got me this for Christmas. I was not sure it would be something I would use alot. I was wrong. Great accessory for clean up and finishing. I am still using disc one. It will make short work of smoothing out those small dings or chisel marks that seem to take for ever to hand sand. Will not dig in at slow rpms were a burr can sometimes. I have the 150 grit disk its flexibility is a asset when working with curves. You just need a light touch. If you leave it in place to long the edge will leave marks. I thought is was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2nCHKnrk4
    Randy... As stated in another recently, I use the cushioned drum sanders and also scotch guard wheels. What would be your opinion on your disks in comparison?

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dileon View Post
    How is the sandpaper holding up ....better than normal??
    So far so good Di. The pack had 100 disks in it. Looks like about .07 cense each at $13.95 a pack.I am still on the first one after what I would estimate is about 3 hour of actual work time on some scrap to get a feel for how to use it , a basswood dog carving and a mahogany cane handle. I have 150 grit disks. I am seeing it is a bit less aggressive than it was but is still OK. Will be using it on some zebrawood in a day or so. I am thinking it may be OK of smoother finishing as it ware down. We will see.
    Last edited by Randy; 01-14-2020, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    How is the sandpaper holding up ....better than normal??

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    started a topic My new favorite tool for sanding.

My new favorite tool for sanding.

I was not sure where to post this. Under power carving or tools but tool seemed the best. My wife got me this for Christmas. I was not sure it would be something I would use alot. I was wrong. Great accessory for clean up and finishing. I am still using disc one. It will make short work of smoothing out those small dings or chisel marks that seem to take for ever to hand sand. Will not dig in at slow rpms were a burr can sometimes. I have the 150 grit disk its flexibility is a asset when working with curves. You just need a light touch. If you leave it in place to long the edge will leave marks. I thought is was worth sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2nCHKnrk4
Working...
X