Finally broke down and bought a small table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally broke down and bought a small table

You might consider my carving/office area a cluster ****. It was a 9x12 bedroom, I've got two desks, computer table, a filing cabinet, 8 small 5-draw cabinets & my 36"x18" caving bench. When I get to carving, I'm always measuring and carving, and my table gets filled up with knives & layout stuff. I'm always knocking things off the bench,*******. So I bought a small 15"x20" table to set beside the carving area, to hold knives, gouges & burs. will be giving a whirl later to day.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Always nice when your work area works.

Comment

Nice and organized, Joe, but it takes me about a week to start the "clutter " again.

Bill
      Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Didn't carve very long today, but didn't have jerk my foot out the way from a falling gouge .
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe,
          Your work space looks to be as jam packed with stuff as mine hehehehe.That is a nice selection of knives you have there.

I kept telling myself that when I retired I would sort it all out as I would have plenty of time. Hasn't happened yet! You guys keep putting interesting stuff up to view that I've just got to have a crack at. So I made a plan. Finish 3 woodworking projects, then finish the guitar build I started, then sort out the work space. I'm sure it will happen. Yeah right!! hehehehe.

Having a small protable table has been a great help for me. I think you will be amazed at the difference such a small thing can make.

Happy carving buddy.

Comment

Hi Joe , looks like A good move to me . Merle

Comment

Nice set up. Did you draw those pictures? They look amazing. My wife got me a small table to sit at in the living room, so I can be with the family when I’m carving. It’s pretty minimal, but I like it.
              Anders.
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlackBladesNW

Comment

Ed, Thank You

Bill, Thank You, I do the same thing, but I'm hoping I can break my self now with the separate table. When carving my concentration goes directly to the work not with my tools, knives, ruler, brushes, etc. & stuff gett scattered.

Glen, Thank You

Merle, Thank You

Anders, Thank You, I wish, my mom used to say the only thing I could draw was flys. I find a lot of interesting stuff on Pinterest, print it off, scale it to what size want the copy it to "Yupo Medium" Then rub transfer it to the wood.

Got to go now Sund is bill paying day and I want to get by to carving, I'm a junkie for carving that is for sure/
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by 4ND3R5 View Post
                  Nice set up. Did you draw those pictures? They look amazing. My wife got me a small table to sit at in the living room, so I can be with the family when I’m carving. It’s pretty minimal, but I like it.
                  probably I'll purchase sth similar, I haven't thought that I can do carving in front of my famiy, pretty embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                  X