Jig to Rip Blocks into Triangle for Ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jig to Rip Blocks into Triangle for Ornaments

Waiting on my bandsaw to go on sale at the end of the month during the annual 'extravaganza'.

I have seen jigs in articles and books that assist in ripping blocks into triangles for ornaments.
    They mention using a table saw to cut the 45 degree slot down the middle. I don't have a table saw and don't want to have to go back to the finance committee so I was thinking of an alternative method using the bandsaw.
    • Rip 2x4 down the middle
    • Make 45 degree cut down each piece. |\ /|
    • Attach both sides together making one piece with trench down the middle. |\/|

That probably would work, but if you have a 'hometown' lumber yard in your town, you can maybe schmooze them to make your cut for you. I had a guy make me a jig out of a piece of 2X4, and all it cost me was giving him a pint of Sandhill Plum jelly...that is because I have a table saw that is still in the box!

BTW, the jig works great!

Comment

I made one a few weeks ago. You can throw one together using scraps.
      Attached Files
      Anders.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ND3R5 View Post
        I made one a few weeks ago. You can throw one together using scraps.
        I like that. Had not thought of doing it that way.
        Thanks!!

Comment

If you have the WCI Hand Carved Holiday Gifts you will find this article, I copied and posted it if you don't, this is what I use.
          Mark N. Akers
          My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Originally posted by Mark N. Akers View Post
            If you have the WCI Hand Carved Holiday Gifts you will find this article, I copied and posted it if you don't, this is what I use.
            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X