Buck Brothers England Carving Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck Brothers England Carving Tools

I know that Buck started chisel manufacturing in England and eventually moved to the United States where the company continued for a long time. At some time Buck Brothers ceased manufacturing carving tools in the USA and they showed up as Buck Bros., England. I always wondered where in England they were manufactured. I recently purchased a lot of carving tools at an estate sale, most of which were H. Taylor with boxwood handles. There were three which were different. One was a standard H. Taylor with a beech (?) handle and two were H. Taylor with Buck Bros. handles. I initially thought the previous owner had just swapped them out. On closer examination the No. 3 with Buck handle had the H. Taylor stamp with acorn, while the No. 14 (curved 4) was marked Buck Bros. England and over stamped H. Taylor with acorn. I think I have answered my question.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

I am not familiar with the names, but these are fine looking carving tools! Hopefully the quality didn't change with the company apparently acquiesced.

Comment

Buck Bros. mfg by H. Taylor were probably the last good chisel with the Buck name. You can buy Buck Bros. carving tools today for less than $30 per set. Probably made in China with heavy plastic handles. They claim that their bench chisels are made in the USA. They don't claim the same for these.

Comment

If you look on Ebay, you will find old production buck brothers with the wooden handles being sold for 28 to 45 dollars. I love these cast steel tools and i believe they rival the more popular Austrian and Swiss tools.

Comment

Working...
        X