No announcement yet.

Carving tool tote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The denim tool rolls go back to my mallet and gouge days. I had 4 of these made, different denim, so I could group the tools. They did a great job of softly protecting the edges.

Denim Tool Roll.jpg

Then as I shifted towards the tools used commonly in the Pacific Northwest by First Nations carvers, I needed something to protect the crooked edges. This bod holds no more than maybe 1/2 the tools I use now.

NEW PICTURES 007.JPG

One thing led to another, I have a couple of plastic tool boxes more meant to corral all the odd tools that have some application, like a dress-maker's tape measure.

Little tools.jpg
    Brian T

Comment

Very nice, one question though. The gouge in the front left with the square handle, does it bottom out in the carrier? I'm with you on the idea of a portable carrier for my carving tools and will be looking to build one myself in the near future.

GFHWoodWerks
      Novice carver
      Exploring all that I can about the art.
      GFHWoodWerks
      Novice Carver
      Exploring all I can in this artform.

Comment

Originally posted by Gfhwoodwerks View Post
        Very nice, one question though. The gouge in the front left with the square handle, does it bottom out in the carrier? I'm with you on the idea of a portable carrier for my carving tools and will be looking to build one myself in the near future.

GFHWoodWerks
        Novice carver
        Exploring all that I can about the art.
        Thanks. No, none bottom out.
        Anders.

Comment

I've decided to use an old gutted musical instrument case for the "overflow" of useful crooked knives.
          It occurs to me that I can add on a drawer unit under the box. Like yours = opens both ways.
          What keeps the drawer from sliding open? Is there some sort of latch that I can't see?
          Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Brian T View Post
            I've decided to use an old gutted musical instrument case for the "overflow" of useful crooked knives.
            It occurs to me that I can add on a drawer unit under the box. Like yours = opens both ways.
            What keeps the drawer from sliding open? Is there some sort of latch that I can't see?
            Hi Brian. Nothing is holding it place other than friction. I haven't decided what to do there yet. I'm open to suggestions.
            Anders.

Comment

Thanks. Your guess is as good as mine.
              Maybe a simple peg or shaft that matches an unseen hole?
              Brian T

Comment

Working...
              X