• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Tom Ellis
    chipchaptom. Washington

• Tom Ellis
    replied
    Definitely too nice to use, That is a beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lightning
    Steven

• Dark Lightning
    replied
    Thanks, folks! I'll point out that this is my 5th or 6th chest, so I should have the setup pretty well ironed out. The separators are poplar dowels chosen at a width that keeps the sharp parts of the chisels out of contact with each other while minimizing the space required. The previous one was walnut, but I was afraid to transport it, as it might get all banged up. Here's a pic of that one. I keep it in my bedroom to put trinkets in, instead.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JerseyGirl
    Love to carve

• JerseyGirl
    replied
    That is soooo nice! Keeps everything nice and neat too. I’m using a Waterloo cabinet with wheels but your’s is prettier!

Leave a comment:

• Randy

• Randy
    replied
    Nice chest. looks well thought out.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    AKA Ed

• Nebraska
    replied
    Nice box you’ve got there.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Lightning
    Steven

• Dark Lightning
    started a topic Carving Tool Chest

Carving Tool Chest

As my carving has evolved, I've made a few chests to accommodate the tools. This latest chest is made rough and ready in order to take the rigors of travel to/from the local club/class. It's Baltic birch, 1/2" and 1/8". Dimensions are 17-1/4" wide, 15-1/2" tall, 11-1/2" deep. The width and depth were dictated by the size of the (Pfeil) palm tools. I don't carry the larger carving tools anywhere, so they are in a much larger chest that sits under my carving bench. It is currently 30 pounds, as configured, with tools. I have one empty drawer and expansion space in two others for eventual placement of other palm tools to be purchased as I need them.
    Attached Files
    Dark Lightning
    Steven
    Last edited by Dark Lightning; 06-19-2021, 11:02 AM.
Working...
X