Flexcut Mallet Tools Question Help Plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexcut Mallet Tools Question Help Plz

Hello all, I am currently thinking about buying my self some mallet tools and want to know if anyone on here has flexcut mallet tools. If you do what is your opinion of them, are they as great as there small tools? How do they work for you, how are they holding up to heavy work? If anyone has any info let me know please, it is much apreciated. Thanks for your time
    GoodLuckHaveFun
    CarveSafeEveryone

Re: Flexcut Mallet Tools Question Help Plz

WELL.....here goes a can of worms i'm sure lol!!...you'll get plenty of response i'm sure,i buy very few new tools,i do alot of e-bay buying which you'll hear good and bad about.if you do e-bay....know whaT your buying and know the regular prices and if shipping pushes the item over the regular price. all that being said...i have swiss made,two cherries,buck ,sculpture house and flexcut.all of these mallet tools i don't do a whole lot of mallet work,but have done some and have done some woodspirits that are 2 to 3 foot tall,the flexcuts have worked great for me,really i was disappointed in the two cherries more than anything.but for the money,and i got really good deals on mine the flexcuts have been great tools.

Comment

I have been using ebay since it was inventedMobster and have purchased tools off there before, thanks for your info and wow that was a fast response. The only other tools I would consider would be Pfiel aka swiss or german made Lamp brand, but right now they are out of my price range. I also was not impress with the two cherries they have nice drawknives but there mallet tools just didn't do it for me.
      GoodLuckHaveFun
      CarveSafeEveryone

Comment

I am at a carving seminar this week and have been carving with mallet tools only (not even knives) for three days. My tools are about half flex cut and half Swiss made. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either of these lines. The main differences I have noticed is that the flex cut are heavier and I reach for them when I really intend to bang away with the mallet. On the other hand I think the Swiss made hold a better edge and do a better job when doing fine work.

I am moving my collection to Swiss made and can't really say that I am moving up; just that I seem to reach for them more often. I will keep, and buy more, flex cut for the heavier lifting.

Comment

Thank you for the information Paul, when I started carving, swiss is what I was going to buy but then I was lured to flexcut with there less expensive SK tools and there Made In USA. I will eventually buy a set of the swiss tools, as for the flexcut mallet tools good to hear that they hold up to rougher work. Have you had any problems with the V tools splitting? I had a smaller one split before and they replaced it in about 5 days, some flaw in the way it was forged.

GoodLuckHaveFun
          CarveSafeEVeryone

Comment

I have Stubai and Ashley Ilses chisels...both outstanding.
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

I recently bought a 6 pc set of fullsize Swiss tools and am delighted.
              All are in the general area of 3/8" wide excepting the 3mm veiner.
              I think I'm ready to fill in the gaps with the same tools in 1/4" range.

Comment

Working...
              X