New mini Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mini Knife

The last of my Pfeil steel stock was used to make this knife, the handle is crotch wood from a Black Ash, finished with beeswax. I also after I took the pictures polished up the blade a bit more, it is very sharp and has some flex to it so I don't think it will be allowed near any real hard wood. I plan to list it for sale on Etsy, I also talked to my uncle and found a place that I can order O-1 tool steel from in the size i want to make more of these little knives.

Let me know what you all think of it, also the piece of Ash has some wormholes chewed through it.
    Carl

Re: New mini Knife

Looks real nice Carl. Be sure to let us know when you price it.

Tom H
    http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Carl,

Nice.
      Ron T.
      http://stickcarving.webs.com/

Comment

Carl,
        Great looking little knife.
        KeithC

Comment

Great lookin knife Carl.

Dave

Comment

Very nice knife Carl!

Comment

That's a sweet looking knife Carl. How does it feel in the hand?

I've been carving more and more using/holding tools like a pen, and it looks the perfect blade shape for detailing.

Bob
              Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

That's a real beaut there Carl, nice job!

Corey

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments, bob it is very comfortable for me and if you do a lot of writing with a pen or pencil it's about the same comfort level you just push a little hard and it could cut your finger off .

I was testing it out on some detail work on a whimsical barkhouse and another elfs details.
                  Carl

Comment

Nice little blade there, Carl!
                    Just curious.....what's the symboloism of your logo onthe handle?

Al

Comment

Carl, that's a beaut of a knife! The handle is outstanding.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob and Al, I am about to go mess around with that O-1 I bought.
                        Carl

Comment

I am ordering some 1/16 o1 to make some knives with IF i ever get off my furry backside and assemble my small forge. I am currently using Murphy carbon steel blanks for there industrial knife it seems to be much better steel than the standard Murphy carving knives that i have owned. I also make carving knives from opinels. Just shape sharpen and use

Comment

I know and can see clearly exactly what, I want to carve.
                            But on the long journey from my head through my arms,
                            So much is lost before it gets to my fingers and tools
                            I have the opposite problem my hands know what to do i just have to keep my brain shut off ( never buy used 3rd party brains at the flee market it's just not worth the savings )

Comment

Carl:
                              Very nice detail knife.
                              Mark N. Akers
                              My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Working...
                              X