Dockyard Micro tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dockyard Micro tools

Does anyone know how to contact this company? (Dockyard Model Company). I sent a defective tool back to them and never got a response, or even the return of the bad tool. I sent it to a PO Box in Florissand, CO which was the address on the package. I found a satellite view of Florissand, CO, which looks like a wide spot in the road west of Colorado Springs.It doesnt look like there is too much tool manufacturing going on there. The company has no street address, phone number, email address, or web site. I'm beginning to think this PO Box is a mail drop for some Chinese company, but the package definately said Made in USA.

Re: Dockyard Micro tools

I would talk to Rick at Little Shavers Wood Carving Supply, he sells Dockyard and could probably put you in touch with someone.

Dave

Comment

I would be very surprised if you found any info as to how to get them personally. Two years ago I tried until I was exhausted to return and ask questions of the company that makes these, for the most part, micro tools. I really tried everything I could think of including searching the net extensively.

Now, having said the above, you watch, somebody will come up with something.

Comment

Unfortunatly, you will never find the maker of Dockyard tools.
        He does not sell retail, and he won't take any more wholesalers.

But most of all, he guards his privacy with great care.

Also you should return tools to the retailer, not the manufacturer; often you will get better service.

Comment

I have a number of these tools, and absolutely love them.

It aggravates me a great deal that on the packaging it says they have a micro sharpening tool available, but when you try to contact ANYONE regarding this tool, you get nuthin.

I would love to have a sharpening tool for these as they are my primary carving tools.
          I have managed to come up with a strop of sorts that works - just ok, keeps them usable and will continue to use it.

I was guided back to this forum via Google search while looking once again for the sharpening system/tool/thingamabob.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf Coast Handyman View Post
            I would talk to Rick at Little Shavers Wood Carving Supply, he sells Dockyard and could probably put you in touch with someone.

Dave
            Just sent an email, will let you know what I find out.
            Thanks for the link Dave!

K.

Comment

Good deal Kate, Rick is very good about replying to emails or you can always call. Rick also sharpens tools if you run into a jam. If you buy the tool from Rick he will sharpen for free.

Dave

Comment

You could try the Flexcut strop--tht's pretty handy for just about anything.

Bob L

Comment

There is a post just below yours called Carving Gloves, there is a link for the Carving Glove Guy towards the bottom. I have been told that he is the distributor for Dockyard Tools and sells to most of the Dealers, I was told this by a dealer at the Cinncinnatti Show this month. Hope this helps
                  Larry

Comment

The carving glove guy is great to do business with, I bought the Dockyard hook knife, he did not even charge a penny for shipping !!

Dave

Comment

I heard back from Rick:
                      --------------------

Kate,
                      I have seen the same information about a sharpener for micro tools; but have yet to actually see one.
                      You are correct about trying to contact dockyards owner.
                      I recommend you buy some black emery cloth in different grits; you can wet it slightly, place on flat glass and it shouldn't move.
                      As far as holding the same angle while sharpening, that will take a little practice.

If all else fails, I would be happy to sharpen any tool you send me.
                      Sharpening Service at Little Shavers

Thanks Rick
                      Little Shavers Woodcarving Supply

Comment

Rick's sharpening service is great! And I think his rates are very reasonable.

mikeg
                        Mike B

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg View Post
                          Rick's sharpening service is great! And I think his rates are very reasonable.

mikeg
                          Ditto

Dave

Comment

Ricks got some Dockyard tools in the pre-owned section, discounted price but brand new, looks like a good deal !
                            Pre Owned Tools at Little Shavers

Dave

Comment

I was looking at them, but unfortunately in this case, I already spent all my money on Jeep parts
                              Kate

Comment

Working...
                              X