14" Packard Bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" Packard Bandsaw

has anyone heard of this brand? IS it worth $200 that my neighbor is wanting to sell it? I don't have a band saw yet and was thinking of buying it but i have never heard of this brand. Model # WBS-15

Re: 14" Packard Bandsaw

Hi Steve,
    My husband buys and sells used woodworking tools, mostly bandsaws, drill presses and cabinet shop tablesaws, such as Delta Unisaws and Powermatics.... we come across a lot of old brands of tools and older is usually better...a lot heavier than the new stuff. If it is in real good condition, they are usually worth having because they were meant to run 24/7...but I have never heard of Packard tools. I just saw your post and my husband is in bed right now but tomorrow, I will ask him about this brand.

I do know that if you watch the classifieds or check out Craig's List online for tools in your area, you will find a Delta 14" or a Jet 14" or a nice Grizzly bandsaw for the same money your neighbor wants for this "unknown" brand.
    I suspect it's either very very old (you could tell by looking) or it's Chinese.
    If I find out something concrete, I will post it here for you.

Comment

Packard tools is a fairly large tool co.do a search on the internet and you will see the vaarious tools it sells. They might help with any questions.

Comment

Hi Steve,
        I finally remembered to ask hubby about Packard tools. He did a quick search in the "old woodworking tools" forum and it's not an old old brand. He did find one on line and a photo of it. He isn't sure but thinks it's probably a Chinese brand. It's a guess but that is his gut feeling.

I know that if you keep an eye out in the local classifieds or on Craig's List, you can find a Delta, Jet, or Grizzly for about the same price and you will know what you have.....

Comment

Working...
        X