New Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tools

I got a question about new tools. I have been a fan of Denny tools and have quite a few if them. I just bought some ...a v tool ( bought about 2 weeks ago) and a 2mm veiner ( got it yesterday). Look at the pictures of the tips. Am I wrong or should new tools look this bad? Did I just luck out and get the " lemons" or is it a quality control issue? Also should a vender send this out to a customer without at least letting the customer know he is not getting the quality he is paying for? Please let me know what is your opinion.

Re: New Tools

I have never seen a Denny tool look like that. It is hard to believe they left Denny's place like that. Maybe someone tried to sharpen them after the fact? (Hard to believe though, every one of my Denny tools came sharp and well polished).
    I would send them back.
    Bob
    Anthony
    Corryton, TN

Comment

It's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth,,,but they just don't look right. From the angles,,the edges,,the bottom of the grooves ,,, to the thickness of the sides. Personally I'd have an issue with them.

Granted, most of what I look at are not Denny tools, never having bought any and maybe this is what is normal for them. That I can't say and I'm sure others will give their views.

But I have to agree with you. Something isn't quite right here.

Comment

If I got new tools that looked like that, I don't care who made 'm, they'd go back!

Al

Comment

I have many Denny tools, purchased from several dealers. Not a one ever came close to those.
          If you want Denny tools, buy them from Little Shavers. They won't look like that.
          Anthony
          Corryton, TN

Comment

The Denny tools I have don't look like that at all. They are very good quality and came sharp and ready to use.

I'd exchange that tool right away.

Comment

Those wouldn't be acceptable to me, as well. Send 'em back.

S~
              Carvito ergo sum.

Comment

I also would send them back. I have many Denny tools and never received one looking like those. I would buy new ones from Rick at Little Shavers Wood Carving Supply

Dave

Comment

I have two Denny tools, a knife and an Ortel v-tool. Neither of them have any issues. They both have a high quality finish. I agree with everyone else. They definitely need to be sent back. Alan

Comment

That's messed up.

Comment

That looks like someone tried to sharpen them that did not know what they were doing.

Comment

I've sold several Denny tools and have never had one like that.

If it is a Denny tool, it looks like it only received a rough grind.
                        or someone tried to sharpen it and failed.

Comment

I would say they have an incompetent employee at Denny's or a disgruntled one....either way.....not what we are used to seeing in Denny tools!!!
                          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Thanks for all the replys... looks like I may have the problem fixed with the company that I got them from. I know mistakes happen, so at the moment I'll chalk it up to that. I have loved all the Dennys tools that I have and plan to buy some more.

Comment

Kinwing Denny Personally, They would never leave his company like that. I have many Denny tools and got them frome different pl;ace and none looked like that. Send them back and make whoever you got them from make it right.

Comment

Working...
                              X