Does anyone know about a new bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about a new bandsaw

Hi Gang I was watching TV the other night and just caught the end of a demo of a guy cutting out a deer with what looked like a band saw. The only difference was that I think the blade was round. He was moving it this way and that never having to back it out. He could turn it just as sharp as he wanted that what makes me think the blade was round. After I thought about it and how could that be possible because it wouldnt go around the wheels without cutting them. Anyone have any info on what I saw would really like to hear. Sounds like a toy I need. LOL and Christmas is coming.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Re: Does anyone know about a new bandsaw

Hi Colin,

Ed Redwine posted a video a while back that sounds like what you're looking for. It's in Off Topic, on page 21, the name of the thread is bandsaw magic.

Hope it's what you're looking for and hope Santa brings it to you!!

Loretta

Comment

I've watched this video several times, and tw things stand out;
      http://www.viktor.org/humor/mozog/bandsaw_magic.wmv

1: there seems to be an exceptionall set of blade guides on that saw.

2: there is a lot of visible grain on that wood and it seems to "fuzz" a lot more than basswood. Is it balsa?

Still, pretty amazing!

Al

Comment

This was at the Pamona Woodworking show a few years ago.
        I used the Olson Bandsaw Blades and urethane tires on a 12″ Craftsman.I cut out this deer pattern to illustrate the versitlity that bandsaw can achieve by upgrading some components of the saw.
        This is a quote by the guy in the video--Adam Sandoval.

I searched a bit after going to Bandsaw magic--of course, I was led to a website wanting me to sign up for a video magazine. But with a little help from Google, I found this link witht he quote listed above. Hope that helps Colin!

Bandsaw Magic - Shop Hack - Canadian Home Workshop Blog

Bob L

Comment

Thanks Guys that was exactly the video I had seen. I guess it isnt a round blade at all but it certainly cuts and turns on a dime. I am guessing it is the way the blade is made and only Olson blades will do this.
          Thanks again I knew you guys would know.
          Colin
          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
          Jackson, MS

Comment

When I watched the video, I could see that the blade got wider and narrower. Not knowing much about the Olsen Blades, I guess the Olsen blades are pretty flexible in that respect.

Bob L

Comment

I still would like to know what type of blade he was using to do this, as far as size and TP

Comment

Working...
              X