New knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New knives

Well, after reading Hal in Seattle's blog post about making a cheap Oar Carver from a Rough Rider Sowbelly lockback, I went to the Bladematrix site and purchased two RR Sowbelly LBs. I took them and modified the clip point blade into a shorter Wharncliff. I now have two "Po-RR Carvers", one with a 1 3/4" blade and one with a 1 1/2" blade. I may modify the blades even more, but for now they work great.

I also decided to try the Lynn Doughty Ol' reliable and bought a Stanley "Classic" No. 199 and have been playing with it since I watched Lynn's videos. It has proven to be less reliable than Lynn's, but I haven't gien up yet.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a picture with you all.

Re: New knives

I'm with you Ed. Old reliable just doesn't do it for me. I like the feel of my razors much better. Lynn sure makes it look easy. Your two new knives look like they should work ok.

Nice job, Tom E
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Re: New knives

Nice job Ed ! I bought a RR on Ebay, I will make an attempt at modifying when I get some free time.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X