New Grizzly Bandsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grizzly Bandsaw

Grizzly's has a tool sale if anyone need some. I finally decided to buy the model G0555 14" bandsaw, mobile base and riser block. Now I have to order some blades from Timberwolf.I can hardly wait to start cutting.Tools I'm like a kid in the candy store.

Bill

Re: New Grizzly Bandsaw

Good going with the saw.Tony

Comment

Good deal Bill, I am sure you will enjoy the new saw !

Dave

Comment

I have that bandsaw for like a year now. Purchased it with the riser, but have not needed to install it yet. Great bandsaw, I have no regret on the purchase.

Enjoy your new toy.........

Comment

Simplyme,
          What tpye of blades do you use? I'm looking for Timberwolf 931/2 x3/16 4TPI for rough outs. Woodcraft has the size in Olson.iIve used Olson blades before no problem, just wanted to try Timberwolf because it gets good reviews.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill V View Post
            Grizzly's has a tool sale if anyone need some. I finally decided to buy the model G0555 14" bandsaw, mobile base and riser block. Now I have to order some blades from Timberwolf.I can hardly wait to start cutting.Tools I'm like a kid in the candy store.

Bill
            Congrat's on the new Bandsaw, get to cutting out those blanks!

Comment

The G0555 will giv you years of service for sure. Timberwold blades a great and next to them is Oslen Blades

Comment

I was using the blade that it came with for the last year. Just recently bought a 3/16 10rk from timberwolf to do bandsaw boxes with. But the blade it came with has been perfect for what I have been using it for. Usually to cut out blanks and the back of some boxes. It is a great saw.

Comment

Grizzly makes fine tools for the price, I have a couple of them myself.

Timberwolves are great blades if you get them directly from Suffolk Machinery Corp. - Timber Wolf Band Saw Blades, the original designer/maker of these blades. Woodcraft usually sells the PSWood version which I find to be junk. The welds are usually offset and are a 'bump' due to poor craftsmanship.

For what it's worth, I'm a Lenox fan. I get them from Wood Cutting Bandsaw Blades, Metal Cutting Band Saw Blades, Woodworking Power Tools, Shop Tools and Woodworking Plans - ToolCenter.com.

Enjoy your Griz. Being a tool junkie, I can understand the kid-in-a-candyshop feeling.

Chris.

Comment

Chris,
                    Thanks for the information, and the links.I will be picking up the saw Monday ,can't wait to start cutting.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

I am having bandsaw envy...I've been looking for a used 14" on Craig's list for a year now. I know you will enjoy it!

Dianna

Comment

Geez, and you got it before Christmas, too! I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and love it for getting the job done. My old bandsaw was nearly as old as me--and probably more unreliable for accuracy.

Nothing like a new power tool in the shop to stir the creative juices.

Donna T
                        From Missouri

Comment

Hi Dianna,
                          keep looking, with Christmas coming you
                          might find that special deal. Yea i love tools.
                          Bill

Comment

Hi Donna T,
                            It always helps when you take care of the honey do's right away so it hard to say no. I had a Sears 12inch with 1/3hp,
                            looking forward to the 14" with 1hp. Always like more power.

Bill

Comment

Bill,
                              YOU DO HONEY DOS? Wow. About the only way I get my honey to cut something out for me is if he thinks I'm going to go out and "harm" some power tool--even if it's mine! Or if he thinks it's for someone in the club? But he's really into the "retired" scene and if you can do it from a recliner, it might get done! That's why I wanted a new band saw of my own. My old one was a sears, too. It literally was 40 or more years old.

Let us know how much better the new saw works.

Donna T
                              From Missouri

Comment

Working...
                              X