Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quest for the perfect mallet

Originally posted by CarverFromNoWhere View Post
    I have added shot to them before jerry with disastrous results, I didn't put in enough shot I think. As it was used the shot slammed around in there and then all of a sudden the head went zing across the room and there was lead shot scattered all over my shop.

The two handles are nearly Identical the second mallets head is just larger in diameter the same shape as the other just bigger. This UHMW on the lathe isn't much fun because it makes one non stop shaving as long as you keep cutting and when that starts to wrap back onto the handle or the headstock it's a pain to cut it off.
    Carl
    Good job Carl , if i used one i would get one from you but as of yet i don't!

Comment

Re: Quest for the perfect mallet

The main use of these is against my Pfeil and my german tools that I made cherry handles for. The wood on wood is just too much and after a while the handles would split, I could put metal bands on the handles but I think it's too ugly. So far so good and I will be ordering more material for the heads, I think I will stick with the larger sized 3" and 3 1/2" heads.
      Carl

Comment

Working...
      X