New Dockyard Strop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dockyard Strop

A friend of mine bought the new Dockyard strop, I had a chance today to try it out. It works really nice, we used the green compound that it comes with, just sharpened those little tools right up. Only downfall to me is the price, $25.00 plus shipping.

Dave

Re: New Dockyard Strop

Please -- where did your friend get this. I WANT ONE .... and I've never even heard of it until you posted.

Comment

Not on the website Nancy but this is the Co. he got it from : The Carving Glove Guy

Dave

Comment

Nancy, also available here : STADTLANDER WOODCARVINGS

Dave

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I have used this strop for the past month and have found it to be awesome. It is a quality made item. The only sure way I've found to sharpen these tiny tools. Well worth the price if you've invested money in the tools.

Dennis
            (Wyandotte, MI.)

Comment

While at the Dayton show I had an extensive conversation with THE CARVING GLOVE GUY about the Dockyard gouge and V tool strop. The title of the strop can be misleading. As I understand it, the strop is manufactured, by THE CARVING GLOVE GUY from a molding cutter that he had made, specifically for the Dockyard tools. This means that the strop is not manufactured by the makers of the Dockyard tools. I purchased one while at the Dayton show, and found it to be an excellent strop for the Dockyard tools. Maybe I'm cornfused, but that the way I understand it.

Tom H
              http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Who ever makes it Tom, it works great. I bought some stuff from The Carving Glove Guy a while back, he seemed like a real nice person and easy to do business with. As I remember he was real fair on shipping costs.

Dave

Comment

You bet Dave! Until I got the Dockyard Strop from THE CARVING GLOVE GUY, I would just use the dockyard tool until it got so dull it wouldn't cut, then buy another at $11. I now have a shoe box of them all sharp again. A great strop.

Tom H
                  http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X