Band Saw question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Saw question

I'm looking to buy a new bandsaw and there are two available locally that I am comparing. One is a RIGID 14" model BS1400 for $369 the other is a Delta 14" model 28-276 for $419. Both have the same size moter (3/4hp) and both have the same resaw capacity (6"). Does anyone have any pros or cons on either or both?
    Joe

Re: Band Saw question

Joe,
    I think either one would be good--I bought a Grizzly 14" bandsaw 7 years ago and just now started using it.

At the time I bought mine, I got the Grizzly because it had the same specs and it was cheaper...however, the Grizzly's are about the same price point as the two you have mentioned.

Don't think you could go wrong with either!

Good Luck!
    Tim

Comment

well if there both that close id go with price VS what will they do for you if it breaks.. I've personally had issues in the past from rigid standing behind a power tool i bought... but both are great products...good luck

Comment

I picked up the Grizzly 555 14" and am very happy with it . Rigid reviews were not glowing and for the money I liked the 555 . I looked at delta also ,same reason plus they are being sold out so I was worried about service . Great machines in the past but some recent are iffy . I have had good luck with service from Grizzly . Sawmill creek and lumberjocks both have several reviews on them . The good thing about Delta may be a price break . I am pretty sure lowes near me discounted them for this reason .

Comment

My own personal experience Delta provides much better customer service than Rigid and I feel their quality is better too.

Comment

I have the ridgid, put a "wolf " brand blade on it and away we go.....good saw, no problems......
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

I have the exact same saw by rigid. I love it and it handles any thing I throw at it. I looked hard at delta and reviewed both saws under band saw reviews, and rigid was at the top. You won't regret it. I also have a nice drill press and other tools by rigid. They all are holding up nice.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. It helps to hear what you think. I also learned a lot from looking at the similar threads on this subject. I think I'll deal with the store that offers the best service.
                Joe

Comment

Good choice joe.

Comment

I have a 14" and an 18" Delta and I like both of them. Have a look on Craigslist and see what you can find. If you don't see one try placing an ad to see what comes up. There are some great deals on Delta bandsaws to be had if you scrounge arround. I usually find them under 200.00 in very good condition.

Good luck,
                    Dan

Comment

I got the delta band saw you mentioned last year and havent had a problem with it.

Comment

With total power ignorance/innocence I bought a Delta 14" in 1989 -- it's still working perfectly.

Comment

that seems like a high price , I got a delta 14 inch for 125 , almost new works like a champ . check craiglist first and maybe put out a wanted add " looking for 14" band saw" . it works really well and if I would have seen that add a day after i cut my finger on my band saw , i would have given mine to you . but since then we made up and both apologized to each other

randall

Comment

Working...
                          X