soo proud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soo proud!

i have been carving now for about4 yrs, actively 1.....and i had to share....SHARPENED my knives and chisels the other day and to my joy i left little cuts all over my thumb.......you just dont understand how much that ment to me!!! when i first started i was always tickled by getting new knives because after a projest or to i knew i wouldnt be sharp anymore.....i was so good at sharpining i could have got a job with any butter knife factory!!!lol, so i thought ide share , have a good day guys!!!

Re: soo proud!

Sounds like it is time to get a thumb protector Buffy. Congrats on getting that sharpening down.

Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Very rewarding getting sharpening down to a science. I have to thank Tom Ellis, his Tomz Knife Massager helped me alot !!

Dave

Comment

Those little cuts on your thumb can be dangerous. If they should become infected, it could end your carving days...You need the thumb to help hold the knife. So I agree with Tom, time to get a thumb guard. I recommend carvers safety tape.

Comment

What's really fun is when you wrap your finger and still cut your thumb through the tape...........duh!!!!

A sharp edge and ME do not go together.

Comment

Congratulations on getting that sharp edge Buffy.
            When I was learning to sharpen my knife, I could not get that wire edge everybody was talking about.
            I felt like I was being led on a snipe hunt [a search for something that was not there].
            Finally, (weeks later) I learned what they meant by locking your wrist to keep the same angle for every stroke.
            It is a nice feeling to get ‘sharp as new’ edge again.
            I guess the butter knife factory will have to get someone else!

Frank D

Comment

So proud of you Buffy. Each one of us climbed that same ladder at some point and we all know where you are coming from. Way to go.

Comment

It is a truly great day when the light finally comes on and it all somehow, kinda sorta, almost maybe, makes enough sense that you can "do it again...and again....and again.."

Congratulations!! and I think most here are rather proud of you with this single accomplishment...Now it's your turn to try to explain to the next person that asks...."how do I get this sharp??"

Way to go...

Comment

Now that's something to be proud of!!! It's a hard skill to master.
                  Brandant Robinson
                  Woodcarving Blog - www.theoldstump.blogspot.com
                  Custom Folding Knives - https://www.therobinsonedge.com/
                  Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brandant.robinson.1

Comment

Working...
                  X