Case Seahorse Whittler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Case Seahorse Whittler

I have one that Rick modified, but I have never had an unmodified one. So, this is just a guess. I think one of the blades has been modified to be more Wharncliffe like than original. Not sure of that, but apperas to be the case, although the original may have been that way. One thing for certain is the thumb studs have been taken down to be less obtrusive. Also, I think some modification has been made to the other blade, but not sure of that either. That was a big help, wasn't it?

As for what other mods work well, that pretty much depends on what you are looking for in a knife. That's pretty much what modding is all about, making the knife yours.

Comment

Re: Case Seahorse Whittler

Rick can answer this best but a couple of the modifications I know that he makes are that he rounds the back of the blade so that it doesn't dig into your finger. But as Ed said, Rick also shortens up the studs that can be used to open the blades so that THEY don't dig into your fingers as well. Technically, those could be removed since the blades have the fingernail slot as well.

I bought my double cross elsewhere but sent it to him to work his magic after I'd used it for a bit. It was a pretty good knife before but his mods really made a difference.

In addition to the mods Rick made to mine, I left the 1 7/8" wharncliffe alone but turned the other blade into a 1 3/8" sort of skinny wharncliffe blade for a detail blade.

mikeg
      Mike B

Comment

Working...
      X