warren blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warren blades

so I put a warren blade in a knife I got from Pallin and sharpened it to a fine edge and what im finding is that it simply wont hold the edge. Maybe its me, in fact it probably is, but it seems like it wont hold a edge very well. I have a henschel sitting next to me that I haven't stropped or sharpened in amonth, well maybe not that long that hold the edge perfectly. I am willing to admit that I probably am at fault but has anyone else experienced this.?

Also where can one buy a occ blade without a handle?

Re: warren blades

Hello Rick,
    Warren blades just aren't my favorites. As to your OCC Blade question, I like to buy them at Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers.  Knife Blades by OCC Tools They are some of my favorites, besides Deepwoods Ventures blades. Good choice.

Comment

Cascade Carvers Supply - OCC Tools Knives & Gouges

OCCT Knife Blades Only

Comment

I think Warren knife blades are made relatively soft - hence the lack of edge holding capabilities. I have used them for years - mainly because of the cost - you can consider them throwaways. However, when you sharpened the blade you still could have made the angle too flat resulting in a very thin edge for such a soft blade. Try another, but watch how flat you are making the bevel. Usually, just taking out the convex bevel helps with their cutting ability. Try not extending the bevel, just flatten it.

Comment

Working...
        X