Allen Goodman Knives - Excellent Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Goodman Knives - Excellent Service

The thought's been bouncing around in my mind for quite some time that I wanted one of Allen Goodman's straight blade knives. I've had an up-sweep blade of his for a couple of years and really love it. I have four sizes of straight bladed knives made by Mike Shipley and they all give great service but I love the thin blade on Allen's up-sweep knife and wanted to try the same thickness blade on a straight configuration.

Anyway, I emailed Allen last Sunday at his [email protected] address and asked him to email me back at his convenience with a price and an address so as I could order a 5-1/4" handle, with 1-1/4" straight blade knife.

On Tuesday April 8th Allen emailed me back saying that the knife was in the mail and to send him the money when I got it.

About two hours ago when I opened the mail box there it sat.

You can't ask for any better service than that!

Thank you Allen for an outstanding knife. It feels great in my hand and it's as sharp as they come. Thank you also for your excellent service. You're a mighty trusting man and I appreciate your trust. The check will go in the mail tomorrow my friend.

Re: Allen Goodman Knives - Excellent Service

Lovely knife. Allen is the bomb for sure. I'm not sure how Allen heat treats his blades nor what steel he uses (I tried to weasel that out of him once) but I'm always amazed at how such super thin blades with no secondary bevel hold an edge so well.
    Terry

Comment

I also have 2 allen goodman knives love them both I would also like the straight blade but with the 6 handle he makes great knives and his carvings are also nice great guy to deal with

Comment

Allen makes one of the top knives .. I have one and it is great for flat plane carving

Comment

I have two of Allen's knives and love them both, thanks to Eddy I will be ordering a 3rd. Enjoy your new knife Ed!

Comment

No doubt the best again you get what you pay for I am ask often by other carvers what knife I have.

Comment

I spent a day carving with Allen at his studio and came home with 2 of his knives. I have a lot of knives, but his are the best.
              Read more: chicago personal injury,
              chicago attorney,
              ... Chicago Illinois law firm specializing in workers compensation
              and personal injury cases and Chicago Workers Compensation Attorney.

Comment

Allen is top shelf for sure! i have 3 of his knives a straight , an upsweep and a detail and they all are at the top of the rotation as far as my knives go. super sharp and the flexibility of them is just too awesome. plus allen is a pleasure to do business with all this talk done made me wanna get another one now lol

Comment

Received my first Allen Goodman knife yesterday. Didn't get a chance to work with it until this evening. Absolutely a wonderful knife. Got a 1 5/8" upsweep with the 6 inch handle.

Thanks, Allan.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Pa Jack View Post
                    Received my first Allen Goodman knife yesterday. Didn't get a chance to work with it until this evening. Absolutely a wonderful knife. Got a 1 5/8" upsweep with the 6 inch handle.

Thanks, Allan.

Jack
                    Congrats! Allen makes great knives.
                    Terry

Comment

Not only does Allen make great knives, but his handle is the only one of all the different knives I have tried (tried about all of them either borrowing or at shows) or own that really fits my hand. Can carve for long periods of time with his handle but not others which are just as carving sharp, etc.
                      --bill

Comment

Originally posted by bill1228 View Post
                        Not only does Allen make great knives, but his handle is the only one of all the different knives I have tried (tried about all of them either borrowing or at shows) or own that really fits my hand. Can carve for long periods of time with his handle but not others which are just as carving sharp, etc.
                        --bill
                        I agree Bill.

Comment

One of the best knives going. Allen is not only a great knife maker but carver, instructor, youtube producer, sharpener and has a mind that is a little off center. Oh, hey Allen.
                          www.sbrownwoodcarving.com

Comment

Does Mr. Goodman have a web site to see the knives he sells or is it e-mail only?

Comment

He doesn't have a web site but you can see some of his knives on youtube. Here is a link to Allen talking about his knives and how he uses them. Most folks use email to contact him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUGAMqBZ0gM

--bill

Comment

Working...
                              X