gloves home depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gloves home depot

in a earlier post I didn't remember the name of the gloves, so I went back and got another pair and saved the tag this time , they are cutarmor general purpose cut resistant gloves, and rated protection level 5 which is the highest. I think they are coated with that dyleen stuff that really works, anyway I whacked at one on the cutting board and couldn't cut it so for 13 bucks its a cheap alternative to the stuff they usually sell us that you can slice thru. {just ask me ill give you a couple stories} peace out

Re: gloves home depot

I will check them out since it seems I am at Home Depot weekly if not daily.

Looked em up online and those even look good.
    James Richards

Comment

p.s. actually the stuff they are coating them with is dyneema and there are other gloves out there with the same coating I saw, and for sale on amazon so you don't have to look to far. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rickm View Post
        p.s. actually the stuff they are coating them with is dyneema and there are other gloves out there with the same coating I saw, and for sale on amazon so you don't have to look to far. good luck.
        are prices same? they sound really good...and I just bought new gloves

Comment

Here's the H.D. link to the glove mentioned above...

Cut Armor 5 Large General Purpose Glove-5237-06 - The Home Depot

Comment

Rick, did you chop at them or slice?
            Arthur

Comment

art both lol

Comment

p.s. here is a link for similar gloves at amazon for 11 bucks, see im not crazy

Amazon.com: Memphis Glove 9672L Dyneema 13-Gauge Polyurethane Salt and Pepper Shell Gloves with Palm and Finger Coating, Gray, Large: Home Improvement

Comment

Just a word of precaution gentlemen, per the Home Depot product description, "Blade X5 General Purpose Gloves are cut and abrasion resistant." The operating word being "resistant." For you guys out there that are on aspirin routine, a daily dose of rat poison, or one of the new don't cut yourself because we can't stop you from bleeding drugs, you really might want to think long and hard about your choice of gloves.

I know, I'm a stick in the mud but I've been through all kinds of gloves sold on the market and the only glove that I've yet to get cut using is the chain mail glove. I've had it more than three years now and I can't tell you how many times it's saved my "stupid butt!"

Comment

Thanks - Eddy-Smiles!

Very good advice for those of us on blood thinners!
                    http://www.tristatecarvers.com

Comment

eddy your a good guy but im telling you these are almost as good as chain mail. I whacked on them pretty good to test them and they held up. unlike the "Kevlar" stuff that is marketed to us.

Comment

Thanks ill check them out

Comment

Rick.. I don't doubt your enthusiasm or sincerity but the key words in your testimonial are "almost as good as chain mail." Those of us who bleed like a stuffed pig for little or no reason can't afford "almost" and since a lot of our carvers are seniors with limited incomes who are tempted to take shortcuts if it will save them a buck or two, I feel the need to caution them on their choice of gloves. I know, I learned from experience the hard way.

Comment

eddy no harm no foul I do understand and i''ll put my scars against yrs any day, lol one of the reasons I started looking for new gloves was that about a month ago I stuck a knife in my palm, went right thru the glove, which was Kevlar and leather. More recently im carving along and the wood broke and the knife almost severed the tip of my index finger. and I might add, went right thru the Kevlar and leather glove I was wearing. I mean something has to give. I do agree with your observation on chain mail and I have them but they are so darned uncomfortable to wear. I am trying to find a good alternative, and I think that will result in wearing the chain mail with another good glove over it.
                            The ultimate solution would be as pallin has suggested in the past, don't hold the carving in your other hand.
                            Eddy you are one of the special good guys here and I take what you say as sage advice. And, if I might add, your [email protected]
                            cheers.

Comment

Based on your recommendation, I have picked up a pair of these gloves.
                              The glove works really well for me. The real surprise here is that the grip in my hand is so much better with a glove on. Before my very dry skin had trouble maintaining a solid grip which I did not notice until wearing one of these gloves. For me that alone has made this much safer for me. Granted getting stabbed straight on to the hand may still end bad, these are better than the white safety glove for carving in my opinion.
                              Thank you Rickm
                              James Richards

Comment

Working...
                              X