worksharp 3000 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worksharp 3000 review

anyone have one? getting real tired of all the shapening i do. p.s. i tried doing the forum search function and all i get is a white page with no writing so i figured i\'d post a new theread even though i am sure its redundant. I would use it for gouges and knives no planer blades or chiselsl thanks.

Re: worksharp 3000 review

Rick, I was looking at the Worksharp 3000, when I came across a machine that one of our member makes and sells. the TOMZ. Tom Ellis is his name and I sure you have send is post on this site. His email= [email protected]
    I have had the machine for about a year & I\'m totaly satisfied, matter a fact I order another coarser plate to do some fine roughing out work after bringing in a blade from the garage. So now I\'ve got plates of three grids and honing plate, Todate I have not burn a blade that I used on the machine . . . JoeB
    . . .JoeB

Comment

I have one, and use it on a regular basis. The interchangeable wheels with varying grits work great for initially sharpening and touching up knives and gouges.

I did make my own strop wheel out of 1/4\" plywood with leather glued to both sides, and cut away part of the guard to allow proper sharpening knives, and access to the under side of the stropping wheel (knives can be sharpened toward and away from the edge, but stropping can only be done from the back of the blade toward the edge).

Comment

I won one of these at the Dayton A. I. W. a couple of years ago, and I\'ve used it for several different tools. It does everything it\'s touted to do, and it really makes sharpening V-tools a breeze. It\'s excellent for sharpening bench chisels and plane irons, as well as carving tools of all sizes. I still use my Tormek, since I\'ve had it a long time and learned how to use it for carving tools. Worth the money. Mike
        Matthew

Comment

Working...
        X