Occ pencil grip chisels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occ pencil grip chisels

I have several occ tools knives , and I love them. I have been thinking about getting their pencil grip chisel set does anybody have any occ chisels and are they as good as their knives. I carve mostly small caricatures

Re: Occ pencil grip chisels

I started with Denny which is now OCC. No change in quality IMHO. I really enjoy using them. I carve mostly butternut, white pine and basswood and they really hold an edge. They fit my hand well.
    Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

I picked up an OCC 1\" #5 last week at Smoky Mountain Carvers while on vacation. I\'ve just played around with it on some basswood so far, but it has a good, clean cutting edge. Handle looks like unfinished white oak. Not much for you to go on, but so far, so good.
      Arthur

Comment

I wonder whether Mike will fill the void left by Dockyard Tools going out of business?...Mike builds a great tool, is a great guy, and gives great service.

Dockyard\'s customer service left a lot to be desired...

Comment

I\'ve just looked at the OCC pencil-grip carving tools. My hands ache already. Good ol\' arthritis is creeping into my hands and quite frankly, a pencil grip secure enough for carving will hurt. I\'ve learned that tool handles which start as 7/8\" blanks are comfortable (Kestrel Constant.)
          Other than that, they look like tools which can really fill a need in detail work.
          Brian T

Comment

I have several and love them, also check out the skew knife!

Comment

With Dockyard going belly up, I\'d like to see OCC develop this line.
              Terry

Comment

Looks like the total quality is better, hard to compare with having one to do so···Hummmm. . .JoeB
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Drake is now making detail tools, top quality, IMHO

Comment

Working...
                  X