• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claude
    replied
    Re: dust collector system

Ray:
    You might consider one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/noise-canceling-electronic-ear-muffs-92851.html
    I have a similar pair, but can not remember where I got them. I use mine every time I turn on my shop vac. The active noise suppression allows speech to come through, but mutes (mostly) the constant noise such as a shop vac. Now, if I could only remember to turn them off after use so the batteries last more than a week...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied

The Grizzly 2 hp. collector was a present we gave my FIL for Christmas one year. Worked like a champ. Very good value for the money.

Leave a comment:

• OldNineFingers
    replied

Unfortunately, I live in So. Cal. where everything is more expensive. Especially electricity. Have any of you folks kept track of your electricity bills and notice any big increase when using all the dust collection systems you have? I am in a mobile home where all we have for power is 50amp for the entire house. I try not to run more than I have to. The other thing I hate is noise. I can\'t put a vac system outdoors so whatever I have must go in the shop. It\'s a bad deal but it\'s the only deal. We love where we live and must bear the costs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ray

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied

I have a shop vac that I use to pick up the chips and sawdust off the floor. For a general air cleaning, I have a Jet 1000 sitting on the top of a set of shelves. Based on how dirty the filter gets, it is sucking a lot of dust out of the air...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

I have have three vac: 4 gal sears, I use in the inside off. a 14-15 gal wet/dry vac, I have use out side, and now i have got the ShopSmith Vac. they all seem to work well. The ShopSmith is supper quite and a little easier to move around. I know the big ones are pricey, but····
    . . .JoeB

Leave a comment:

• rickm
    started a topic dust collector system

dust collector system

looking for a good dust control system i have spent some time looking at the ridgid rv2400 which seems like a pretty respectable shop vac, but then i also looked at like the jet and others, it seems like you can get pretty pricey and it also seems like a shop vac might get overworked pretty quick. I have a ridgid 6 hp for the 14 inch band saw and it handles it but doesnt really get everything.
    I am thinking for a system for the basement saw, as i seem to collect a lot of dust in the basement I have only a 10 inch sears saw there and a little sears vacuum that quite honestly leaks and seems to throw more dust around than it picks up.
    anyway for the smaller saw in the basement im thinking the ridgid would probably do quite well rather than go to the larger jets etc. anyone care to quess? and does anyone run a whole shop ventilation system thru a shop vac and ahve it handle all the dust?
Working...
X