X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldNineFingers
    replied
    Re: 2 stage vac

Another thing to think about is, the larger more efficient 2 stage systems require 220 AC. Do you have that available? And then, you might want to invest in a remote start switch. You don\'t need it running all the time. But when you want it, just push the remote button and have it fire up. I used to have a 1.5 hp unit in my shop when we had out big house and I had it all hosed to the different machines with waste gates and all. The big units are great and can handle all your equipment but the expense will be much higher initially. Once it\'s done, you will love it.

Ray

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

how to make your own cheap but very effective separator . take a 50 gallon drum either plastic or steel. with a good sealing removeable top to it. splice the inlet hose of your collector into the top cover of the barrel. then splice in the outlet hose of the barrel top, to the blower . in operation the barrel will collect 90 percent or more of the debris, easy enough to periodically remove the cover and empty the barrel. there will be very little dust in the vac or blower, bag.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo Bif
    replied

likely cheaper to go with a cyclone separator in line with your vac?

Leave a comment:

• rickm
    replied

ok Im getting closer to figuring this out, i use the paper bags also but they are a bit pricey so i cut them open and then reseal them and reuse them. I dont think Im losing too much what im trying to decide now is whether its worth it to go to the two stage vac or simply a good shop vac.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied

The nasty dust particles are in the sub-micrometer size class. I use my regular ShopVac but with the \"plaster dust\" bag to catch the most I can from the bandsaw and the chop saw. That bag works quite well for the finish cleaning in my pellet wood stove, the mineral ash is far finer than from any round-wood burner.

The quality of the filtration has to be a biggie.

Leave a comment:

• rickm
    started a topic 2 stage vac

2 stage vac

im still on the dust collector thing i see ridgid has a two stage shop vac for about 350. I am wondering if a two stage is worth the extra money for just use with my 10 band saw or should i just stick with the 6 hp ridgid. for what im doing im leaning in the direction of just gettning another 6 hp for the basement.
Working...
X