Merlin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin!

I got a Merlin for my birthday and just got to try it out. WOW! I'm carving an oak bowel & removed about a week's worth of wood in 1/2 hr! I really love the KUTZALL. Are there other grits availabLe? Any tips or suggestions beside wear eye protection!
    Jerry

Re: Merlin!

Congratulations on the great gift, a Merlin for a birthday is an encouragement sign for sure. Will be looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. When you get use to it, make sure you remember who gave it to you and make something nice for them!

Are they hard to manage? Haven't tried a Merlin, and it sounds like a great way to sculpt wood.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Yes let us know how you make out with it. I opted for a grinder with a carving disc (Lee Valley). The disc makes a real mess and tends to bounce a bit....and grinders are noisy in the shop. I looked at the Merlin but wondered about sharpening and potential problems with the cutting chain. I understand that you can purchase small carving disc for the Merlin as well. Hope you enjoy your birthday gift. If you have good success, I might take another look at purchasing one.
      Patrick

Comment

With the Kutzall it's real easy to manage. The chain is a little harder. This is some pretty tough oak.
        I want to try the sander when I get the shape where I want it.
        Jerry

Comment

Working...
        X