Search Result

Collapse
111 results in 0.0809 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: Missing Something?

I see the sense of it now. Filing powder of a stick would make it simple as would scraping.
    This makes sense.
    I think also that as the leather of the strop is brand new that it might just need some time and work to get it going right too.
    Mr Impatience...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Missing Something?

Today my much awaited strop arrived from the USA (bless you Tomz) and I am all smiles because I just know stroping just got simpler and faster for me.
    I have been using one of those "shaped" Flexcut strops for everything and doing quite well with it might I add but I found the (roughly)...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: free youtube projects 30 plus projects online for free

Been too darned ill and busy to get back to the carving but I have to say again the videos are marvelous all around and I love the simple little mouse you showed me.
    Thanks Arlene.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    replied to Happy Birthday Gene!
    Re: Happy Birthday Gene!

Glad to hear you are only 1/2 a year older and not a year older Gene.
    Thats another 6 months of geat carving projects for us to all look forward too mate
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    replied to Virus FYI
    Re: Virus FYI

The warning I got was "Bloodhound.Exploit.193 was blocked".
    What I didn't realise was that it was coming from here as I was running a few things at once.
    I can happily tell you it didn't happen when I came here this morning (Aus time)
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    replied to Adventures in Fla.
    Re: Adventures in Fla.

What an adventure!
    I can't even picture 3000 "left over" tree's and what one might do to dispose of them?
    You can"t really blame your assistants for not wanting to drive the demon rental truck. It obvioulsy makes you hunch over from back...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    started a topic New Year Wish

New Year Wish

It is 6 days into the New Year here in Aus and I think it might be past time to say a sincere thank you to each and every one of you that have taken the time to help, advise and teach me a thing or two about carving.
    I also wish to give thanks for all of your positive comments about the ridiculous...
    See more | Go to post

• Robweja
    replied to How many cuts?
    Re: How many cuts?

I have cut myself exactly 3 times since I started to carve in about April last year 2009.
    The first 2 led me to purchase a glove and this helped me to really cut myself badly straight through the glove. I didn't like the feel or should I say lack of it that the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Putting the rubber to the road?

Someone think about Golf Shoe Spikes!
    I have a friend on a farm out here with a bum knee and he got sick of his stick (a bought one) slipping about in the dirt and "stuff" in the sheep yards.
    I am clueless as to how...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    replied to Spot
    Re: Spot

Glad you liked it big Ed. Mice aren't the only funny things over here I can tell you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: The Egale Has Almost Landed

Well Schooner for a first attempt you did a darned fine job.
    Speaking from limited experience with Flat Plane I would have to say :-Some days are golden and others - - you fall back on standard carving practices lol.
    It seems to me that Flat...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    started a topic Spot

Spot

I bet you all thought you were going to see a Dog.
    Well this little fellow is a fine example that too much cheese can be bad for your skin.
    I must say a sincere thanks to Arlene from wood carvers workshop for introducing me to this little fellow. Very good pattern for the total beginner...
    See more | Go to post

• Robweja
    replied to A Navy Sailor
    Re: A Navy Sailor

Terrific sailor Gene. I looked hard at the face and he looks a lot like you in your profile picture.
    I think it will be a cherished present from home and the recipient will remember just where it came from.
    God bless and care for all the servicemen and women...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    replied to Whittle tee noggins
    Re: Whittle tee noggins

Oh my goodness these Golf T's are outstanding.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Robweja
    started a topic Johannes

Johannes

This Johannes rough out has been hanging about in my tool bag, on my computer table, in my shed, on top of my bed was hidden out of sight for a while and then I finally got around to finishing him off.
    What caused the delays? Well the roughout was a little too small for my skill level with the...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X