Collapse
500 results in 2.0487 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• susieq
    replied to It's been a while......
    Just popped back in because I wondered if I could still remember my password.....sheesh, time flies. I hope everyone is doing well. I hang out on Facebook most of the time, these days but I miss the forum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied to Blowing off some steam!
    Hi Dave, I do business with MDI all the time and have had only the best experiences with them. I have found that when ordering anything small, like carving bits, if you go through their website, it automatically charges $9.99 for shipping but when they actually ship, they adjust it to a much lower...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Flyer for Calusa Wood Carver's annual Show.

This weekend, Feb 24th & 25th, is the Calsua Wood Carvers are holding their annual show. See photo of flyer. Hope you can come.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    See more | Go to post

• I'll pass that on, Robson. Carol is doing well. We stay in touch and see each other at our annual club show. She's just indignant that someone is using the Notto name to sell knives. If the product is a quality item, they shouldn't have to use someone else's name and reputation, to sell it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    started a topic Notto Carving Knives.....warning

Notto Carving Knives.....warning

I've just been contacted by an old friend of mine, Carol Notto, who is the widow of the late, well known knife maker, Rich Notto. When Rich died, his son David, took over the knife making. David NEVER SELLS TO DEALERS. Recently, David and Carol found that a vendor that goes by the name of Mountain Wood...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by susieq; 02-10-2018, 10:30 PM.

• susieq
    Thanks Di! I've really missed seeing your work! You don't seem to post much of it on FB. I look forward to seeing it here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    So it's not my imagination....the site is easier than it was after that first upgrade? I'm glad they changed it to something more user friendly. That first change was terrible. Hi Joe, hi Nomad, so good to see you both still here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    started a topic It's been a while......

It's been a while......

It's been a while since I visited the Forum. I've enjoyed clicking around and reading the new threads. It's good to see that some of the old, familiar folks are still hanging out here. I drifted away when they first changed the Forum software. Anyhow, I'll visit more often now, to see what everyone...
    See more | Go to post

• susieq
    replied to Wood dust new information
    Wood dust is always a health concern.... I have long used the "Dust Bee Gone" mask, because it is light, comfortable and doesn't fog my glasses. It filters wood dust down to, either 3 microns or 5 microns. I can't remember which. But I also use an "in-lap" dust collector and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have had better luck with Mastercarver than you did, but I'm still not a huge fan when there are better units out there. Mine are pretty old and maybe they were made a little better then, than they are now. I know that they are about half the price now, of what they used to be, a decade or more,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hello, I've not been active on the forum, in quite a while either. I've been staying in touch with forum friends, on social media and was just encouraged to come back and see what's going on with the website now. It's good to see some familiar names up here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied to Thinking about a micro motor tool
    Re: Thinking about a micro motor tool

I don\'t know if there is such a thing as a starter kit micro motor..... what you can do, is purchase a low end model and use it for a few years, to see if it\'s worth it to you, to have a micro motor. A cheap one is the little \"Micro...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied to Thinking about a micro motor tool
    Re: Thinking about a micro motor tool

I\'m with you on the Marathon units.... I got mine from Canyon State also. By the way, the Marathon Handy 700 is made by the same Korean company (and is the exact same unit, only the name is different) as the Foredom 1050, with the brushless handpiece....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied to Do Use Variable Speed On Dremel
    Re: Do Use Variable Speed On Dremel

I have both Dremels and Foredoms and they\'re OLD. I mostly run the Dremels at full speed unless sanding or using a carbide as they usually burn at higher speeds. I know some of my Dremels are pushing 15 years old.... My Foredom is older and has...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    started a topic Tool show at the Florida State Fair Grounds

Tool show at the Florida State Fair Grounds

Anyone who lives within a comfortable driving distance of the fair grounds in Tampa,
    should go to the tool show there, this weekend....today and tomorrow. We went yesterday and Wood Craft has a booth. They are running a show special on their huge
    selection of Swiss Made Pfeil gouges and...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X