30 results in 0.0708 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Wayne L
    replied to Bar & Chain oil
    Re: Bar & Chain oil

I think not using bar oil will cause a much more serious (and expensive) problem.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to What brand Wood burner
    Re: What brand Wood burner

As has been stated a lot depends on what you want to do with it. I bought the Colwood detailer and I really like it for most use especially the pens are very comfortable to me. I wanted to try the branding that I saw Molly Winton do at a demo and found that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to beans or not
    Re: beans or not

If You put a teaspoon of baking of baking soda per pound in the dried beans and bring them to a boil and then drain and rinse them, then add 1/8 teaspoon and cook them it will help a lot with the gas problem. The 1/8 teaspoon causes them to cook faster.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: how to put telemarketers out of business....

My Dad always started trying to sell them a competing product, I also like idea of keeping them on the line as long as possible ask all kinds of stupid questions anything to waste their time. Then there is my personal favorite, get an old...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Help finding Red Aromatic Cedar

If you are looking for boards there is a place in Murchison called Der Holtz Platz that has a lot of cedar and other wood at good prices. Nate & Amy Eicher run it, very nice people. Probably not worth the drive for one board but if you are buying...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Are there any free blank (patterns) downloads?

I you order Fox Chapel book be careful of books by the same author. Several months ago I ordered 2 books on scroll sawing chessmen from Amazon (both published by Fox Chapel) I expected that there would be some overlap of material. What...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to Do you like or dislike windows 8????
    Re: Do you like or dislike windows 8????

I am in the same camp with SlowMover, I don't like windows 8 but I guess I will eventually get to understand it. We bought new computers about 4 months ago when our old laptop crashed. At this point my son who works in the IT industry hates to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to Hugh mistake, now what?
    Re: Hugh mistake, now what?

I think the look great, a lot like the ones I am going to wear out to feed as soon as it gets light.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to walnut carving
    Re: walnut carving

I would recommend you use a good dust mask I can't even stay in a large room at out turning club if the demonstrator is working with walnut. I still work with it at some sometimes but I use good dust protection.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to Foredom source
    Re: Foredom source

Greg Dorrance sells Foredom, every thing I have purchased from him he has had very good prices, fast delivery and excellent customer service.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Beginner power carver curious about wood turning

Buy the best you can afford, the larger lathe will weigh more and therefore have less vibration which makes every thing else easier. You can turn the smallest project on the largest lathe but you cannot do the reverse. I have found...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to Old PC died
    Re: Old PC died

Same problem, my old one died and I had to get one with windows 8 and then it locked up until we "upgraded to 8.1. My son who works in the computer industry came down this weekend and got it set up again. When these give up I think I will try apple I don't want anything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to magazine
    Re: magazine

I don't know about a uniformed government employee out in the boonies where I live the mail is delivered by bearded late 50's hippie type wearing shorts and a ratty t shirt driving a yellow jeep. No complaints at least he try's to deliver the mail to the address it is addressed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to had it had it
    Re: had it had it

I understand where you are coming from a few years ago I sold my entry level Delta lathe after I bought a Powermatic. The guy I sold it to was just starting and I invited him to our Turning club (which he joined). Today he is 10 times better turner than I will ever be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wayne L
    replied to Custom tip
    Re: Custom tip

Colwood has tips you can use to put your own wire in, also burnmaster pens will work on your colwood and are made so that you just loosen 2 screws to change tips or use your own custom tips. There are several other brands whose tips can be used on colwood.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X