67 results in 0.0400 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• JenW
    replied to naming the business
    Re: naming the business

If I could go back in time and knew then what I know now, I would definitely have my business name by more specific to what I do. Search engine stuff is so much easier when your name is relevant to your site. That would be my advice....have carving, or woodcarving,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: My very, very first animal burning...Stag's Head

Thanks guys! I'm excited to venture out into the world of faces LOL....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Talk about luck....

So, I am part of a group on FB where various artists can sell or exchange or whatever tools, supplies, etc.

About a week ago, there was an ad for various tools, and I was looking through the pics and there was a box on there with about 15 different, really old looking carving tools. ...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Wood ID please - it's a bit yellow

If it's Osage it will oxidize more of a brownish red....so if you look underneath you could see what color maybe. Honey locust is pretty yellow too...at least the chunk I have here is..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My very, very first animal burning...Stag's Head

I've always turned down commissions for animals and people, and never really done much with them due to the intimidation factor, and the fact that when I've gotten started, I can tell after laying in a few lines it is not going to go well.

Finally got some free time though and sat down...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: How do you folks finish/seal your burnings?

Sure...this is what I use. I get it at Ace Hardware and it is about $20 for a quart. So, don't freak out at the link...for some reason it will only show me a listing for a 4 pack. It's not THAT expensive. LOL....

It comes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: How do you folks finish/seal your burnings?

What I have come to use as my go to now is a water based poly. It can be a bit expensive, but I love the stuff. Haven't had an issue with any yellowing or discoloration since I started using it.

A couple things though....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Whitetail Deer Burning in Paper

Oh, one more thing. You do need to be a bit more careful when tracing though. I think the wax in most papers keeps it from rubbing off so easily, but it works great to just put a piece of cardboard under your hand to rest on to keep from smudging...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Whitetail Deer Burning in Paper

So, I don't know what kind of transfer paper you use, but there is a brand called Tracedown that is a graphite one, but doesn't have any wax in it, so it erases and burns over differently than alot of the transfer stuff out there. It also allows you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JenW
    started a topic Burnmaster Pen Recommendation

Burnmaster Pen Recommendation

Just wanted to share, because I am so happy with this purchase . I have been a hardcore, nothing could pry my old faithful Walnut Hollow old school pen out of my hands for years now. I was given a Dagger II burner as a gift a long time ago, and could never get used to using it. It always felt awkward,...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Seahorse & Jade

That is awesome!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JenW
    replied to Wicca alter
    Re: Wicca alter

I just have to say as a point of knowledge that Wiccans don't serve Satan...and actually don't really think about him/it at all since he/it is a Christian thing, but you are right Pop....Wicca is most definitely not like Christianity, except for having it's awesome people...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JenW
    replied to Wicca alter
    Re: Wicca alter

Seriously....if you named a price and they agreed you aren't messing with anyone. I have done similar a couple of times because it was something that was going to be a pain for me to do, and inconvenient and I took it as compensation for what a pain it was. Those times...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JenW
    replied to You can't carve if you can't draw
    Re: You can't carve if you can't draw

I actually found being able to draw a serious detriment when I tried carving in the round for the first time. I was completely unable to see 3d. I could see where shadows were supposed to fall and all of that but couldn't grasp the whole round part...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Cocobolo, Rosewood, or what!? And carving a long bell.

Definitely be sure to wear a good mask with Cocobolo. The wood doesn't bother my skin at least, to touch or to hold, it is the dust only. Very irritating and itchy and fine. Gloves and a hat are something I would recommend...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X