No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.9881 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Dancing bear had to be delayed as I finished the barn owl. Then when I got back to it, my Foredom flexshaft outer casing (original from 1980) started shredding. Demand for shipments from Foredom is at a record level. I waited over a month and then contacted the company. I was told it was inline for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I received my first shot the other day and the second is scheduled. Went through my local pharmacy since the Clinic I use has yet to receive their supply. ????
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic Holiday Surprise

Holiday Surprise

My son, David, and daughter-in-law, Sunnie, live with us in Whooping Hollow. In early December, they noticed I was having trouble with my hip and came back on the weekend to help us decorate for the Holidays. Sunnie, not only dug into our stored decorations, which included some carvings, but, also into...
    See more | Go to post

• The polar bear will be around 8" tall, 9" deep and 6" wide. My vision calls for it to be placed on a 2"x12"x12" basswood block. The back of the block (where the bear will be located) will be 2" thick, Just in the front of the bear I intend to carve out and undercut...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Polar Bear ~ End of the Species

My frien's, our house sits on the east side of mountain with no view north, south or west. My carving corner has a beautiful view for sunrises that often interrupts my woodcarving. This morning was a beautiful one for coffee on the porch ~ less so for woodcarving. Fortunately sunrises are ephemeral...
    See more | Go to post

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied to The only vise I use
    Brian, You asked, "Suppose you sit to carve (do you?)" I was very fortunate to have lived an active life as a Park Ranger. It was well worth the price I paid of bad hips and knees. Usually I sit to carve. I do stand occasionally to reach a particular spot.

"What is the height
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic The only vise I use

The only vise I use

My frien's I have received several requests about the carving vise I use. Although I have quite a few, the one I use most often is in the attached file.

See more | Go to post

• Thanks for the comments my frien's. Don't know when I will get it finished. Can't pour the artificial water until I get the molding for the frame. We are in isolation and need to actually go in the store to pick out what I need. Oh well! I have started work on a polar bear. Roughing in the 6x6x12 inch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My friens, I left the otters without the stream I initially planned. Once I put the otters on the base ~ I realized that there was insufficient room for land on both sides and opted for a lake. The otters and base are basswood, the rocks (in the stream) are formed from Apoxy, the driftwood is sticks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic Barn owl with copperhead

Barn owl with copperhead

I have been carving off and on for so long on this barn owl that I forget how much I have posted before so will just post it again. It is so far different than my original goal ~ that it is really on the same piece. The body is bass wood, the legs are tupelo, the foot is bass, the toes are wire covered...
    See more | Go to post

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied to My frien's I am back
    Thanks for the posts my frien's.

The only thing isolation has meant here in the Holler is, no visitors. It is a quarter mile of one lane toad from our drive to the "so called" county road and three quarters of a mile to the paved highway. Nearest shopping is a 36 mile round trip....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    started a topic My frien's I am back

My frien's I am back

Good evenin' my frien's

The year 2020 has been a very frustrating one for many reasons. Diana and I have been in isolation and have not allowed visitors into Hoopin Holler since February. I had my pace maker replaced in December and my Doctor ordered me, for health reasons, into isolation...
    See more | Go to post

• I have spent the past 3 hours online chasing down You Tube information for my Otter project. A little information here, more over there and eventually Eureka. I think I now have enough information to continue the habitat. I intend to create a shadow box around the carving (about 1/4" space) to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you very much Sappy. This video has supplied a lot of the information I was seeking. I have been exploring this subject on You Tube but had not run across this site. I will adopt some of the habitat ideas and most of the water ideas. The one thing I want is to create non-white capping waves to...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Paul_Guraedy; 06-13-2020, 06:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carving Otters in stream

I am working on a carving with a couple of otters and am planning to place them in a stream. The stream will be created using artificial water. Rocks are being created, for the stream bed, from apoxy paste. I am painting the “rocks” made from leftover Apoxy I also have a collection of talons and...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X