No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
401 results in 0.0657 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Beautiful work. Building stringed instruments, satisfying as the outcome can me, was always a little nerve wracking for me.

The knowledge that one crucial mistake can send you back to the beginning after weeks/months of work (I was reading your comment on the pyrography) is always there....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    replied to Tree Branch Saxophone
    Thanks Herb
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    Thanks Claude . . . it's a fun little gizmo

Appreciate it, Bill. I hope so too . . . and really miss using the knife . . . but am trying to get the hang of power carving just in case
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    • Thanks Bob L . . . great looking bears, by the way

• Sappy . . . I have to put my dog outside when I play this thing; it makes him crazy

• Thanks Glenn . . . yeah . . . the arm is a real pain in the . . . uh . . . arm

• Hey Joe B . . . appreciate the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    replied to Woodcarving and Fishing
    Those look perfect for bluegill. I skip across the line to fish pretty often (live on the Mo/Kan border). Kansas has some fantastic lakes
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    started a topic Tree Branch Saxophone

Tree Branch Saxophone

I'm still unable to whittle without further screwing up a tendon in my right arm - docs and PT say it's a no-go - but am still able to use a draw knife for basic shaping (and powered gizmos for the rest).

Thus . . . after making a ton of flutes for friends and family (Christmas presents)...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    See more | Go to post

• Rontana
    started a topic Cedar Flutes

Cedar Flutes

I haven't been able to do any figure carving for a few months due to an arm injury (a brachioradialis malady combined with bicep tendonitis . . . am in PT regularly now to try and heal up). So, I started making some other things that are of very low impact and don't further screw up my arm.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    See more | Go to post

• Rontana
    replied to Arthritis and Woodcarving
    I've been on the somewhat disabled list for a while now. Developed bicep tendonitis, which has temporarily sidelined my carving and any weightlifting that requires me to bend my elbow (been doing weights a few times a week for over a decade). The arm is in the rest stage now per MD's orders - but am...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Naaah . . . it's hard to do much of anything wrong. And, if you do, it's not a big expense in time or dollars. I have to admit to working on some sticks after a few months, when I really liked the way one looked or felt and got ancy to start. Some turned out ok, some not. Probably depends on species,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nice one, Joe. Looks like he's deep in thought
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    replied to Possible COVID-19 medication
    Ha! Eddie . . . I once asked my dentist if he'd ever had anyone come in who tried to whiten their teeth with bleach. He started laughing, and says it happens more often than you'd think.

He said the reason people come in, after trying it, is because bleach turns teeth green
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That's beautiful. Merle. At first glance I thought it was straight out of The Rifleman.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks Lighter. I can't add a whole lot to what Brian and Bill have posted. I generally cut sticks in late fall, bundle them in groups of 5 or 10, and hang them from rafters in an old shed (it's open on both ends) They stay out of the weather, but get plenty of air flow. I try and give them a year to...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Rontana; 09-06-2020, 07:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hey Wayne . . . the dolphin will stay there pretty secure on its own, so at the moment it's removable. I'm giving this one to a friend, however, so will epoxy it down prior to shipping

Thanks Joe . . . that mount came about by accident - not my original plan, truth be known - but I consider...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rontana
    started a topic A New Dolphin

A New Dolphin

First one I've done for a while. Had to glue two pieces of basswood together to make this the size I wanted, but the tail separated right on that glue line during final sanding. So . . . put it back together with epoxy, and painted with acrylic (followed by some spray lacquer) to hide the evidence....
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X