Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• BeckyN
    replied to Back is blown
    My dad had us working since we were able to walk, so blaming him
    ouch Chuck!
    I carved a feather regardless today. Too boring laying around! My arms were noodles tho. Got an order for 2 feathers to finish march, on it.
    we had a lot of abuse as kids, so my brother and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BeckyN
    replied to Back is blown
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I have osteoarthritis in the lower spine, so it's not going to heal, after over 10 yrs of constant pain and management, it is crushing my nerve. I haven't had feeling in my right leg below the knee in almost 3 weeks, and walking, sitting or laying is extremely painful....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BeckyN
    started a topic Back is blown

Back is blown

So my back finally bit the dust, in and out of er, medivacced out, I won't be on for a bit, as btwn meds, and appts, I am hoping for surgery. Waiting for a fly out for a MRI, and will see if I get relief. Until then, I am medicated and not working on anything. Take care everyone, will update later when...
    See more | Go to post

• What are you burning with? My walnut hollow never gets thats dark even on high heat. I assume because it's greenwood? Great piece! Absolutely love the tones!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Right now I am focused on the torching, I can focus on the proper placement later once I get the bigger proper sizes made. I think anyway, what is in my head, who knows
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Depends on the feather. I am trying to achieve the perfect tone with torching and brushing the wood. I will show you an example of eagle feathers that achieves almost the same color. They aren't mostly white depending on body part. Quite the opposite actually....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oooh that stache!!! Love it!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• So here's the torched feathers.
    I have a local artist who wants to attempt to paint a bare one, so will eventually post hers when it is finished. I have to invest in a micro burner and a real vise.
    but they didn't turn out too bad, largest so far is 9 inches, the max my vise holds.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Is that referring to the feathering?
    I am purposely not putting tons of details in. but should there be more to make it better?
    thank you!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can't do power with the arthritis pain unfortunately. And I really prefer being a hand carver.
    On a side note, after sending off the gnome mushroom bunch, I got zero from the recipient. I was gifting it, but thought at least an I received it msg would have been nice?
    I am really cutting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Okay, painting is literally not my thing
    Makes for good kindling tho!
    I tried everyone, unfortunately I wasn't born with paint patience. I did invent new swear words tho!
    I grabbed the adjustable torch, and pissed off, I oiled another test feather and went out in -42 and torched...
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Okay, I split enough wood to try everyone's ideas! Thank you! Will post results! Hoping the artists lofts acrylic paint I have is suitable!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Luckily he has an adjustable one, I will try it! Thanks!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It would have to be willow, as te poplar is way too green to work with.
    I think the biggest problem is it's all green wood. It costs way to much to ship basswood way up here.
    I want a nice natural look, while still keeping the grooves, without it being dull, or plastic looking. ...
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Looking for ideas!

I am planning on carving out a eagle feather, a few testers, first, not full size yet. I would like a torched finish, but not sure how to achieve it without a charcoal feather.
    Any suggestions? I don't want to burn it with my woodburner, I am wanting a more darker all-over look.
    I have...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X