Collapse
17 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Morrow7x
    replied to Pareidolia...?

This will explain how I feel about where folks took my 4 simple OP sentences, or it won't......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    LOL. I'll put most of the replies in the "no" file... ;-)
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    To clarify, pareidolia isn't actually believing the pattern is a real object or person. I used the word "affliction" jokingly. We're not talking hallucinations- it's what light/shadow/spacing evoke for some folks. Think of it as a naturally occurring caricature that not everybody 'gets'. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    replied to The Mild West...
    All the reviews said to "order the next size up if you're in between hat sizes". So much for that advice.... :-)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    started a topic Pareidolia...?

Pareidolia...?

I would think that's a trait common in wood carvers, knowing the way only a couple slices reveal the first hint of a face. I've always 'seen' faces in patterns in tile, folds in a blanket, holes in a cardboard box, all sorts of little mechanical items form patterns that aren't purposely there......
    See more | Go to post

• Morrow7x
    started a topic The Mild West...

The Mild West...

After a hat broke on a whittle, I went on something of a separate hat-making binge a while back, using up some scrap wood.

Made some Linker-inspired, Western-themed miscreants to go under them last week. Also a crooked gambler. Technically part of the gang, he missed photo day due to a...
    See more | Go to post

• Morrow7x
    replied to Practice Heads
    Do you get vacuumed before you stand up? ;-)

(really nice work)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    replied to Doug Linker's Snowman
    Nice! I had not seen the clothed snowman video. Another DL snowman was the first successful whittle I ever did. His videos are super. I find myself applying the techniques and basic ideas to my own variations. The 3-snowball version snowman body became the basis for caterpillars/inchworms. The windblown...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• While I start out with a general idea of what I want, too often it turns into a case of salvaging something, anything, from that piece of wood... ;-)

Even though I'm a rank beginner, I don't like to start over. Knowing me, once I start throwing them away it will start happening sooner...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I never notice those little ones until I turn a whittle over in my hand and realize my gnome is going to have a red hat, or a red coat, or red pants, or..... "Hey! It's a Santa Claus!"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    replied to Happy Santa
    As a beginner I'm amazed at the differences a moustache shape/angle/distance from nose/etc... make. I just wish I could remember my accidental discoveries and how I did them!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    replied to For Veteran's Day...
    Yeah. Well, George C. Scott. I whittled the one on the left... ;-)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    started a topic He knows if you've been bad or good...

He knows if you've been bad or good...

...and judging from the extra trips Santa has made to the coal mine in the ol' truck this year, I think know, too...

(truck is a bit of a 'mixed-media' project, body/lights/mirror are whittled though...)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Morrow7x; 11-13-2021, 02:54 PM.

• Morrow7x
    replied to Santa By the Inch Christmas Gifts
    What a clever idea!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Morrow7x
    replied to Perpetual beginner...
    Should be fun to see useful new ideas, and envy the work of folks who are much more serious about this than I am! While I'm satisfied with relaxing little Linker gnome/hillbilly based caricature whittles, I had an uncle who was a very talented carver/woodworker and I have a real appreciation for what...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X