Collapse
500 results in 0.5187 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Steve Reed
    replied to Meet Evan
    Thanks for all the kind words folks. He was named Evan because he was done on Christmas Eve.....hehehehe.
    Bill, aka Woodburner807, as Joepaul says, it's my moonshiner secret sauce! Seriously, it's just my regular base coat of BLO, yellow ocher oil paint, and raw sienna oil paint. Proportions...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Meet Evan

Meet Evan

Evan is a mischievous little elf, always looking to get in trouble somehow. He's about 4X2 inches, basswood, basecoat, with painted eyes. As always, C&Cs are welcome. Thanks for looking and Merry eve of Christmas eve to all my woodcarving friends!
    Steve ...
    See more | Go to post

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Pipe Santa

Pipe Santa

This has been a year of experimentation from learning how to hold a carving again, to carving different types. I present to you what I'm calling the "Pipe Santa". He incorporates a couple of things that I don't normally do, e.g. a pipe and an open mouth.
    This guy is about 4 1/2 X 2,...
    See more | Go to post

• Steve Reed
    replied to Merry Xmas everyone
    Merry Christmas to you and yours from the Reeds!
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied to Another crack at a couple Santas
    Chuck definitely a couple of keepers there! I'd have a hard time choosing!
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied to First “Gnome”
    Nice! Of course gnomes have eyes, how else can they find the mushrooms to sit under when it rains?
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied to Christmas 2021 Projects over
    Beautiful Santas Mark! Love the expressions and the beards. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Did this sleepy Santa a couple of year ago for my better half. He was fun to carve, no patter used about 6" tall.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied to Last 2021 Santa
    Haven't carved my last Santa yet, probably be carving them all year and a few elves too!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Merle, nice bunch! I seem to detect a little Millard in them....meant as a complement.
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Meet Dickie!

Meet Dickie!

Dickie is Howard's son, and we caught him trying to wear his Dad's hat. You know how teenagers are! He's 4X2 approx. Basswood, and my basecoat of BLO, yellow ocher and raw sienna. Joepaul calls it my moonshiner secret. Anyway, as always C&Cs are welcome. Thanks for looking!
    See more | Go to post

• Steve Reed
    replied to Meet Howard
    Thanks everyone. Eddie, I used to different sized dock yard mini gouges to do them. It was an experiment, since I usually paint the eyes.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Meet Howard

Meet Howard

Howard is a rather serious elf, he keeps the other elves in line. He is about 4X2, and I just used my basecoat for paint as kind of an experiment. Eyes are carved on this guy, and not painted. As always C&Cs are welcome. Thanks for looking!
    See more | Go to post

• Steve Reed
    started a topic Elfie

Elfie

Attended the "Christmas in Germany" celebration Sunday, did well sold nearly all the goodies I had! Now to rebuild stock. the first is this little guy that I just call Elfie. About 4X2, basswood, BLO, acrylics. C&Cs always welcome!
    Steve ...
    See more | Go to post

• Steve Reed
    replied to Hello chip carvers.
    Welcome aboard Slim! I do Swiss style and Old World style chip carving. If you have questions, just ask.
    Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X