Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 1.0491 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• tbox61
    replied to What is this world coming to?
    I, like Randy, have a CCL and carry a lot...during hunting season mostly when I am out in areas where 2 legged and 4 legged critters can abound. We have a huge drug problem here in Central Kansas, and quite frankly, I don't trust a lot of humans I don't know.

I also am a big 2A supporter,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Beards are in ...
    Rodster,

I see your carvings there,
    and they look great with hair!

I, like Joe, tried facial hair once,
    but I found out I just looked like a dunce!

I thought it looked good, but it made my wife scoff,
    Even my mother didn't notice when I shaved
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Cottonwood Condo
    The best thing you could do is get Rick Jensen's book on carving bark. His tutorial and past projects have inspired me to 'get a little funky' when carving. I have another guy in our carving club that has told me to just start carving and see what happens. I have some bark at home that I was given...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Knight
    Very cool! Proportions are supposed to be wonky! It is a caricature!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    Thanks to all for commenting! I got second place on this at our local fair...my good friend's caricature carving beat it out...He actually got Grand Champion, so I don't feel too bad!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rick Ferry at Little Shaver's Carving Supply in Washington state used to make and sell straight razor knives in the late 90's and early 2000's before he passed away. He used to be on the board here...He sold them for around $35-$40 at the time, and I thought that was too much to pay for a knife, now...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Hot enough?
    Absolutely!!! I grew up wading through the weeds on the Solomon and Smoky Hill Rivers behind my dad as we searched for the next best 'hole' for my dad to use his ungodly smelling shrimp bait! I hated the bait, but loved how the catfish tasted after my mom practiced 'catch and release'...after my dad...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Hot enough?
    Hot summer here in Central Kansas...we are looking at the average daily temp for the next 10 days at 103...supposed to hit 107 today. Looking forward to September!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Woody...my Dockyards are some of my most useful tools! Back to the company...the company was shrouded in mystery, at least to me...they used to be made in Florissant, Colorado. I had purchased some small gouges from an online company, and one of the tools came with a nick in the edge. I tried to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to Bad weather, Derecho?
    We had a Derecho come screaming through Central Kansas with 100 mph hour winds on December 15th last year. Had a fire that burned over 400,000 acres through 4 counties here in the North Central area....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Very nice! We love Halloween, so I might just carve some of those for my wife!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

When I was a kid, my summers would be taken up by breaking down cardboard boxes and 'rebuilding' houses, forts, etc. for my GI Joes, (Not much to do during the hot summers on the farm in the 60's as a 7 year old!!).

This new medium takes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    started a topic Cottonwood Condo

Cottonwood Condo

I guess the bark carving bug has really hit me. I haven't worked on other carvings for most of the last 9 months other than bark...here is a piece I figured I have between 65-70 hours in designing and carving. This piece is about 4" thick and 20" long.

It posed some challenges,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by tbox61; 06-28-2022, 11:54 AM.

• tbox61
    replied to Found a turkey
    Eddy...when a turkey is strutting and courting a hen, his head ranges from bright red to blue...hens have the ability to change their head color to white when confronted with a 'threat'...I had twenty hens in my back yard a couple of years ago. I went in to the house and got my turkey call, and when...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied to "Santa visits the Cabin"
    Most excellent, Mike! Great job!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X