Collapse
204 results in 0.3260 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• BillinO
    replied to Weather
    The low in Southern New Mexico 51 this morning high of 61 today, with mostly clear sky’s. This is the exact reason I left Nebraska tired of cold, ice, snow in winter. Bad summers high humidity, tornados and high temps with the humidity. We have been very blessed in the desert.
    Bill in Alamogordo...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    replied to Clubs
    Good morning check out the Colwood burner site. Lots of clubs in Calif. to check out. I found one in southern New Mexico I will check out. Happy and healthy new year to all.

Bill in southern New Mexico
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    started a topic Amarillo Texas carving show

Amarillo Texas carving show

Just returned home from Amarillo carving show. Slow Mover and the club had a neat presentation. Revisited some folks I met last year, and met more this weekend. Looking forward t going again in the future.

Bill in Alamogordo
    See more | Go to post

• BillinO
    replied to winter weather
    We got a forth of our annual rainfall Thursday and Friday, nothing since October. Our annual in Southern New Mexico is about 12 inches. Had a high of 68 today. Moved here 19 months ago, from Omaha tried to miss the snow and ice, don't miss it at all.
    BillinO
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    replied to Amarillo Show
    Just returned home from Amarillo, had a good visit with Slowmover. Met and visited with some very talented carvers. Really enjoyed the show.
    Bill in O
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Could it have been out a Silver Dollar City? Seems to me they have carvers working at the park, might call there. I spent a few hours in Englers shop about 2 weeks ago do not remember any thing like the carving you described.

Bill in O
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    replied to Amarillo Show
    SlowMover will you have a display at the show? We will be coming up from Southern New Mexico. Looking forward to have a visit with you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    started a topic Amarillo Show

Amarillo Show

Will any body on the board be going to the Amarillo show on 3 and 4 November?
    BillinO...
    See more | Go to post

• BillinO
    replied to harbor freight going out of busiess?
    Was in Las Cruces New Mexico a while back, they told me a new store will open in Alamogordo, NM after KMart closes their store.

Bill in O
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for all of the input some great ideas. The knife is small and would make a good detail blade. I have other knives of his so can modify one, and still have another to carry. So much knowledge on this board. All one has to do is ask. Always fast responses and several ideas to try.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Increase tang length on a new knife

Going thru some items from storage found my dads folder ( he passed away 43 years ago). I found one of his older folding knives. I would like to make a fixed blade carving knife from it. I feel the tang is too short to safely anchor it into a handle. Any suggestions how to extend the tang without messing...
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks Claude trying to find more people in this area that carves. Left Omaha about 6 weeks ago still unpacking not a lot of time for carving now.
    Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• BillinO
    started a topic Carving Show in El Paso, Texas

Carving Show in El Paso, Texas

Greetings all I recently moved from Omaha, NE, to Southern New Mexico. Would like to hear from El Paso carvers if they have an annual show. I miss the Omaha show in October but hoping for new challenges in my new location. Compliments on the new forum. Hope to learn how to post pictures soon.
    See more | Go to post

• BillinO
    replied to Louisiana trip
    Re: Louisiana trip

Claude has some nice work, had the pleasure of having coffee and show and tell with him when we passed thru Louisiana last April. Is always great to meet face to face and discuss carving and other interests.

Bill in Omaha
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Piggy Bank

I never met a pig I did not like. I\'m also interested in the pattern. Very nice Job, ole Pork Chop deserves a special place on the shelf.

Bill in Omaha
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X