Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.6180 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Colin Partridge just saying hello

Hi everyone not sure who I know on here anymore. I was one of the original 6 people who started this forum. It's been many years since I have been active here. I got a personal email to inquire if I was still active and how I was doing. I am active to some degree had to hang up the chainsaw because...
    See more | Go to post

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to RIP Forrest (TN. Artist)
    Re: RIP Forrest (TN. Artist)

This is certainly some really sad news. Forrest was a gentleman in every sense of word. Never met him but talked often on this message board. Loved his carvings he was one of those carvers who as soon as you looked at the carving you knew he did it. Now he...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: RICK FERRY - Little Shavers Woodcarving

This is very sad news. Rick and I have been friends for as long as I remember. Rick once said in a post, "Colin the best friend I have never met". Well I never did get to meet him just talked to him and Theresa all the time. I have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: a photo of yourself...

Here is a picture of my on Canada Day 1993 in the nations capitol Ottawa. I looked a lot better then so did the horse. lol.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Remembering Ashby
    Re: Remembering Ashby

This is very sad news I had the pleasure of carving with Garry and Ron, and Goody all of us down at his place in Virginia. I was shocked when I recieved the news he will be missed by all that knew him. Deepest sympathy to his family who i also got to meet. You may...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Back from Campbell River with 1st Place finish

The carving is very heavy it is carved from a 1000 + old tree. The carving once completed belongs to the town of Campbell River BC. They have I would say close to 400 of these carvings all around the town. Not sure where Kraken will end...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Back from Campbell River with 1st Place finish

Thanks everyone that was probably the most complex carving I have ever done. This 71 year old body sure knew I tackled that huge log but in the end it was all worth it. Had a fabulous time with some outstanding carvers and vollunteers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Back from Campbell River with 1st Place finish

Hi gang I just got back from Campbell River Vancouver Island where I was in the annual Shoreline Arts Competition. Carving on the beach is the only way to go with bald eagles overhead, seals and orca swimming in the bay just a great way to carve. This year I had seen a carving that a friend of mine...
    See more | Go to post

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Selling Carvings
    Re: Selling Carvings

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am not upset I just posted that as an observation not as a complaint. The only complaint I have is that woodcarvers are not regarded as artists. One a lighter note it did get some interesting responses and fueled a whole lot of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Selling Carvings
    Re: Selling Carvings

Thanks guys for the feed back. When I say guys I mean girls and guys its just a saying. It is funny and I see where you are all coming from. I guess if you get a few dollars and you had fun making them then its a win, win thing. Let me leave you with this though....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    started a topic Selling Carvings

Selling Carvings

I know I am not around too much anymore and seldom post anything. Its funny how it goes. I was probably one of the first people on this message board way back when there were about six of us posting. Times change and life changes but I still carve and still come on and look probably once or twice a...
    See more | Go to post

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Lucky me!!!!
    Re: Lucky me!!!!

Robbie is one of the best just love his work your a lucky man.
    Colin
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Disturbing News
    Re: Disturbing News

Brian that is the last thing in the world I wanted it to be. I dont like conflict spent all my life trying to get people to avoid it. Sometimes people take things the wrong way and I have learned though my many years that everyone is different and one thing I love...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied to Disturbing News
    Re: Disturbing News

Mike appreciate your comments I agree with you compleatly. I dont think anyone on this message board would rip Brian off on purpose. I think that sometimes myself included get too busy with family, carving, and life in general that sometimes we forget things. I also...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    started a topic Disturbing News

Disturbing News

Hi everyone I know its been a long time since you heard from me. Yes I am still alive but not carving as much as I used to. I was talking on line with a good friend of mine Brian Ferguson Buffalo Bif last week. I was worried because I had not got the knife blank back to him. I was the last one to get...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X