18 results in 0.0202 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jwander
    replied to Macaroni tools
    Re: Macaroni tools

I have used a macaroni toll for charcature carving for many yours. One is a Henry Taylor and the other is Pfiel. Both are full size tools. I would like to find a palm tool other than FlexCut. The flex cut is bent on the end resulting in a very short macaroni area....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Need Carving Pattern - Brutus Buckeye

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern of Brutus Buckeye? I want to carve one for a friend of mine who is an absolute OSU footballo nut.

Thanks

Jim
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    started a topic Dust Devil Dust Collector

Dust Devil Dust Collector

I know Ernie Muehlmatt sold a Dust Devil dust collector that is supposed to work very well. I would like to find out availability and how well it actually worked. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Jim
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    replied to Bird Habitat Building
    Re: Bird Habitat Building

Where is the sticky located? I can't find what you are referencing.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwander
    started a topic Bird Habitat Building

Bird Habitat Building

I am interested in finding a good source of information and instruction on building songbird habitats. I am also looking for sources of habitat materials. All suggestions would be appreciated. I have never made more than very simple habitats and would like to graduate to something better.
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    replied to Airbrush Choices
    Re: Airbrush Choices

Thanks Mitch. I have been practicing with a Badger 360 Universal but even at very low psi it will not work for a songbird.

My son-in-law is a champion duck carver and he left me try a 100 sg and it is possible to put the nozzle on the surface to be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwander
    started a topic Airbrush Choices

Airbrush Choices

I am thinking about buying a Badger 100 sg (fine tip) airbrush to use while painting song birds.

If anyone has any experience with the 100 sg while painting song birds or can suggest a better choice for the job please contact comment.

Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    replied to Making Songbird Feet
    Re: Making Songbird Feet

Thanks John,

I have the feet constructed and am getting ready to apply the epoxy. I have the tools to do the job but have not figured how to handle the epoxy. It's very sticky and I just can't figure out how to work with it.

There...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jwander
    started a topic Making Songbird Feet

Making Songbird Feet

I am attempting to make feet for a Cardinal using ribbon epoxy. Is this the right material? I would like to know how to smooth the material out after it;s applied. It's so sticky I find it almost impossible to work with. I know I am missing something but haven't figure out what.

Any...
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    started a topic Foredom No. 50 Reciprocating Handpiece

Foredom No. 50 Reciprocating Handpiece

I am interested in hearing reviews of this tool. Both good and bad. I am thinking about buying one because I have arthritis in my thumbs and holding a regular chisel when doing heavy carving is sometimes very uncomfortable. Please include comments about the chisels that come with it. I am planning...
    See more | Go to post

• jwander
    started a topic Woodburner Repair

Woodburner Repair

I have a Colwood Galaxy wood burner and the digital readout module has gone out. The burner still works but going to a previous setting is impossible because numbers keep flashing randomly. Does anyone know where I can get a new module? Colwood won't sell me one. They said I would have to return...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: How to Carve a Primitive Crow

Thank you for the info. There is a BassPro shop not far from my house. I never thought about getting a real decoy.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: How to Carve a Primitive Crow

Thanks,

Jim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X