replied to Need a stroke of genius
    Re: Need a stroke of genius

Something like this work?
    http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Spring...plastic+spring
    Goody
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Help for my Neighbor!

Jillsy, Don't forget about your old friend. Send them down and I will return them ready to go.
    Harold
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goody
    started a topic Santa has a hernia.

Santa has a hernia.

Rudolfs nose went out. Dasher and Dancer have torn rotator cuffs. Doner and Blitzen need knee replacements and poor Cupid is gone to need a hip replacement.
    Some how they got our new/used industrial embroidery machine in the house.
    I am slowing down on the woodcarving end and doing more...
    See more | Go to post

• Goody
    started a topic Last two Santas of the season.

Last two Santas of the season.

Thats it! We are done for the 2014 season. Last two orders picked up today.
    Since we have bought a couple of embroidery machines we decided to embroider and date the bags. Slowing down carving next year. We are not doing wholesale anymore. Still going to carve but no orders. What ever I carve...
    See more | Go to post

• Goody
    started a topic The Santa my parents told me was coming for me.

The Santa my parents told me was coming for me.

This Santa has been in my mind for at least 15 years. Finally decided to try to carve him. This is another Santa i drew no pattern for just grabbed a chunk of bass wood and went for it. Seems there are a lot of people that were as bad as me. Everybody seems to know him. There are so many tales of...
    See more | Go to post

• Goody
    started a topic Attn Santa Carvers

Attn Santa Carvers

It time to put the coffee on. Sharpen our tools. Get a supply of basswood in. Put a new bandsaw blade in and plan for some late nights in the shop. Christmas is just around the corner. We just put together some stock for our next show. We have two more big shows after that. We have been working...
    See more | Go to post

• Goody
    replied to beans or not
    Re: beans or not

I have been in almost all the United States on a motorcycle. I have sampled chili in almost all of them. Its like crab soup in Maryland. Its all good no matter how its made. There are few states with a pair of my jeans buried in the woods due to the day after effects...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goody
    replied to Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel
    Re: Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel

Sanded a flat on the back drilled a couple of small holes put a drop of 5 minute epoxy in them and set the wings in the epoxy held in place with dressmaker pins until the glue set.
    Goody...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goody
    started a topic Why I Carve

Why I Carve

Didn't feel well yesterday and it was raining outside and every joint and muscle I have was aching. I grabbed some coffee and walked thru the rain (can't run anymore) to the shop. Even though I don't like to be in the rain I like to listen to it. Opened the window enough to hear the rain, lit an evergreen...
    See more | Go to post

• Ultimate Carving Apron

If you could have a seamstress make the ultimate carving apron what features would it have? Most aprons are one size fits all generic aprons with small pockets and not comfortable for extended times.
    My Ideas are:
    A comfortable wide neck band that is adjustable.

Heavy,...
    See more | Go to post

• Goody
    replied to Father Winter-
    Re: Father Winter-

Nice Father Winter. That style of carving was a very well received gift around the Black Forest Of Germany. Love the holly detail on the coat and the way you did the cuffs and the trim around the coat. Face has a lot of caricature. Now for the cutting around the hood....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: making carvings for people you dont know

Your last two sentences sums it up perfectly....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: making carvings for people you dont know

I was at a show years ago and a little hunched over lady with a cane came into my booth and liked one of my santas. She told me she was on a fixed income and could not afford anything like that anymore. I offered to give to her and she refused...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goody
    replied to Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel
    Re: Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel

Embroidery was a natural progression for me. In industry I programmed robotic arms and also did the screen graphics to simulate what the arms was doing. An embroidery machine is nothing more than an xyz cnc machine. Most...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Goody
    started a topic Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel

Carved Turned & Embroidered Angel

Some times I just don't know what to get into. I have been learning how to program and stitch out free standing lace on an embroidery machine. I turned a simple maple body on the lathe and did a little carving for the hair and subtle face features attached the set of embroidered wings and it turned...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X