249 results in 0.0927 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• don
    replied to The Fox
    Re: The Fox

Glad I'm not alone in this.Even when I "know" where it is I can't find it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Hugh Park's wife
    Re: Hugh Park's wife

Hugh, I am sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in our prayers.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Making a drum
    Re: Making a drum

That cherry will be a lot tougher when it is dry than it is right now. Not as hard as oak but still pretty hard
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Santa Chess Set

I think I have to agree with your wife, While Mrs clause may be matronly yours looks like she could be working at Hooters. Perhaps less cleavage as well as having her less well endowed would be better. Think of how your grandma looked when she was in the kitchen fixing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Newbie here from East of Canada
    Re: Newbie here from East of Canada

He gave you a hint- East of Canada, so somewhere out in the North Atlantic would be my guess ! ROFL Don. (From somewhere near the middle of Canada) And welcome to the board, feel free to ignore the humour
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to How small can you go?
    Re: How small can you go?

Squbrigg, he is a ship carver too! On his website http://www.willard-wigan.com/ he has the Titanic on the point of a pin.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Help with pricing my work, please :)
    Re: The periles of selling through a gallery....

Hugh , I was just curious, how do you find canada post compares to usps for deliveries ?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to War Bonnet
    Re: War Bonnet

Well I thought it was pretty good until I saw the size on your blog. So I kept looking through your photos and kept saying wow. Thats way more than pretty good. Don
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Russian Carving
    Re: Russian Carving

A very nice site. I used Babelfish(an online computer translator) on several of the descriptions with varying degrees of success. The more poetic the description the less intelligable the translation. The captions at the bottom of each piece generally give its title,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Nativity Pattern
    Re: Nativity Pattern

Don't forget, if your looking for free books with patterns, your local library can be a great resource.Find and try what you like. Just carve faster than I do, my library has late fees after only 4 weeks. LOL And I like the Shawn Cipa nativity so much I had to buy...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Stern faced Santa ornament
    Re: Stern faced Santa ornament

that's a great ornament. Like the rest of the people commenting I like the beard but the profile shot of the nose----- thats just great!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to New Toy!!
    Re: New Toy!!

Way back when -we had a pedal powered grind stone that certainly kept going around. If that had been the drive wheel for a band saw I think it would have taken a pretty good chunk of wood to bog it down. And the pully wheel on those old treadle sewing machines...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Buying Basswood In Canada
    Re: Buying Basswood In Canada

Bob's right ,East Coast Specialty Hardwoods. I found out about them years ago when I lived in N.S. and still have a bit of wood I got from them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Stropping
    Re: Stropping

Back when it was first mentioned I started using the backwards flipover AlArchie described. It wasn't that hard to get used to and it does indeed work. Don't think I ever said thanks for the tip . So Al, Thanks for the tip! Don
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• don
    replied to Snowing in So. California
    Re: Snowing in So. California

The night before last here in Moose Jaw it was blowing, snowing , blizzard conditions, with the wind chill at minus 42* . And way to cold in the sunporch to sit and carve. Don
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X