406 results in 0.2052 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• woodtrapper
    replied to Before and After
    Re: Before and After

I will take this advice because I like the way this carving turned out after,so I will post soon.Thank you
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    started a topic Before and After

Before and After

This might be a silly question but I was trying to do before and after picture on my cottonwood chief.Well,I could only upload the after picture but not the before picture because it was already on a previous thread.Am I just missing a simple step.Feel like a goofball.
    See more | Go to post

• woodtrapper
    replied to Tnartist
    Re: Tnartist

Wow.I am so glad to hear from you.If I was in your area I would build that ramp for you.Don't give up hope.I have been moving around a lot so I will be in touch through e-mail.Take care Forrest,Davy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    started a topic Tnartist

Tnartist

Does anyone know if my ol buddy Forrest (tnartist) is still around or involved with WCI.I have pm him & e-mail but know reply.I would appreciate if anyone has any info,thanks Davy
    See more | Go to post

• woodtrapper
    replied to Cottonwood Chief
    Re: Cottonwood Chief

Sharon,I was thinking the very same thing about your location.There use to be a carving club in Santa Rosa but I can not find any info.I think they were called Sonoma county woodcarcarvers.It would be great to get involved here locally because I know abosolutely know...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper

A couple of years ago I went to Smokey MT. Woodcarvers and met a fella next to their store.He did some of the most awesome bark carvings of native americans.The finish he applied just made it look like it was some hardwood.I have a lot of bark that I brought w/me...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper

You know,Randy,I completely forgot about Deft and use to use it a lot.I put the chisels down for 2 years so advice and comments are very helpful.Thanks for your replies.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper

I know someone here has just the right touch
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    started a topic Cottonwood Chief

Cottonwood Chief

This is a piece I started in Montana a while back and just finished up.It is about 29" tall,6"wide and about 3"thick and I found it when I lived there.I put some Howard feed and wax on it but it looks a little dull.I just do not think it would look good with it being shinny.Anyone have...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Need Advice

this carving will also make a great study cast.I am a little rusty so I might wait a while until I can get back in the swing of things.Thanx for you comments.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    started a topic Need Advice

Need Advice

I just bought this carving at the Santa Rosa Calif. veterans flea market.I was told the carver had passed away and no info who the carver is.Not sure if I should finish it or leave as is.I wish I could find out who the carver was.It appears to be basswood,about 12" tall 8"wide and 4"...
    See more | Go to post

• woodtrapper
    replied to Dear newbies
    Re: Dear newbies

I got out of carving for a while and move to Montana and all I did was collect aggates cottonwood bark and diamond willow.All I can tell you is keep hitten the wood and listen to the experts.I like to buy plaster or plastic models to look at when I am carving.I am rusty...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    replied to new guy intro
    Re: new guy intro

Hello troll and welcome.It has been a couple of years since I have commented and I am excited to get back back with the ol gang.T he format has changed so I might need a little assistance later on,woodtrapper
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Greenville Tn.Carvers show

Hey Forest,It is your old buddy Davy here.Still alive a kicken out here in Montana.Sure would like to make the show but just a bit to far.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• woodtrapper
    replied to Woodspirit in basswood
    Re: Woodspirit in basswood

Nice job Patrick, do not see many spirits with their parted on the side.Davy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X